[M]y first time, be gentle please

This is pretty obvious, but I am new here, so decided to introduce myself before jumping headfirst into the forums. So....hello everyone! B)/>

On the internet, I am commonly known as Vibrantblade, so if you have seen this name before, there is a pretty good chance that it was me. About me? Well, first of all, I am new to the whole Eastern (Japanese) universe. My eyes were opened late July of 2012 (NieR) and watched my first anime late August (Persona 4: The Animation). Second anime? Sayonara Zetsobou Sensei. I had a wonderful sensei showing me the ropes, and he decided to let me watch that as early as possible to see the craziness that is Anime. Needless to say, it got me hooked. Since then, I have watched 2-3 dozen shows and movies and I proudly call myself an Otaku. If i am not at work or in classes, I am at home either gaming or watching anime. So check out my MAL if you like, same username.

As for Visual Novels, I have only read one, Ever 17. And I must say, it was worth all those hours. One of the main reasons why I am here is to experience new and exciting VNs.

I think that sums up my intro. You will mostly see me in the Anime section of the forums as well as in the VN section, on the looking out for my second VN.

I look forward to conversing with you all in the forum, so lets be friends, kay?

This guy.... oh wait. I have a job to do.

Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you! That sensei sounds like a great person and everyone should love that sensei and want to be just like him and look up to him and give him gifts and presents.

Anyway, ask around and I'm sure that you'll find a lot of great suggestions for a second VN. Hope you enjoy it here!

Nice to see someone who has played NieR, that game was epic in many ways, that is if you could get past the boring combat... now, with that aside, welcome! May your stay here in the forums be long and prosper!

NieR brother! but...b...boring combat? :huh: i must say, the combat was pretty interesting in that game. Wasn't the best, but it was something i enjoyed immensely. Now, sidequests? Some of them were tedious to an extent in which it became more of a major chore rather than fun.

shcboomer, Ill check it out one of these days. But first, I would like to get used to this forum.

Everyone else, thank you for your warm welcomes :)

Welcome! I've been around the VN scene for a while, but similarly only recently started exploring the anime/manga side of Japanese culture. We'll have to compare notes sometime!

Again, welcome to Fuwanovel! Glad to have you!

NieR brother! but...b...boring combat? :huh:/> i must say, the combat was pretty interesting in that game. Wasn't the best, but it was something i enjoyed immensely. Now, sidequests? Some of them were tedious to an extent in which it became more of a major chore rather than fun.

Sorry, boring was a bad choice of words...It can be quite fun with you jumping around and slicing away your foes with indiscriminate justice, what I wanted to say is that it was extremely easy and simple, to the point it could take away all the fun, I mean, buy the Phoenix spear and smash the attack button, tell me if the bosses arent crying already.

At least the story makes up for it and those chores (a.k.a sidequests) only one of them was worth doing If i recall correctly...it involved a certain old lady...Im sure you know wich one.

Sorry, boring was a bad choice of words...It can be quite fun with you jumping around and slicing away your foes with indiscriminate justice, what I wanted to say is that it was extremely easy and simple, to the point it could take away all the fun, I mean, buy the Phoenix spear and smash the attack button, tell me if the bosses arent crying already.

At least the story makes up for it and those chores (a.k.a sidequests) only one of them was worth doing If i recall correctly...it involved a certain old lady...Im sure you know wich one.

Then i agree with you, simple is a good word for it. I changed my styles between bosses to keep it lively. But magic spells were pretty legit, always fun to use those. And you mean the story and music. Been almost a year since i played the game, and yet i still listen to the OST on a regular basis. And yup, i know what you talking about...dat old lady :') Im fixing to replay the game on my one year anniversary of me playing it. Going to be in a few short months, cant wait.

Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you! That sensei sounds like a great person and everyone should love that sensei and want to be just like him and look up to him and give him gifts and presents.

Hmm.. suspicious... XD

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Hope you'll be active around here :)

Then i agree with you, simple is a good word for it. I changed my styles between bosses to keep it lively. But magic spells were pretty legit, always fun to use those. And you mean the story and music. Been almost a year since i played the game, and yet i still listen to the OST on a regular basis. And yup, i know what you talking about...dat old lady :') Im fixing to replay the game on my one year anniversary of me playing it. Going to be in a few short months, cant wait.

Go for it! Its worth a replay for sure.

Magic was the only thing that made combat interesting for me...and I tend to not enjoy using Mage archetypes, so i usualy shun away from spells and all that nonsense, NieR was one of the few exceptions, in that game, magic was badass.

Thanks for reminding me of NieR epic OST, I still hear it in my head....so....fascinating....so...epic...so....unique.

That game had potential...shame we wont ever see a sequel =(

Go for it! Its worth a replay for sure.

Magic was the only thing that made combat interesting for me...and I tend to not enjoy using Mage archetypes, so i usualy shun away from spells and all that nonsense, NieR was one of the few exceptions, in that game, magic was badass.

Thanks for reminding me of NieR epic OST, I still hear it in my head....so....fascinating....so...epic...so....unique.

That game had potential...shame we wont ever see a sequel =(

lol anytime. My ultimate goal in life is to spread the wonderful OST across the globe. Everyone must know of it. Indeed it is a shame that no sequel will be developed, but there is Drakengard 3. It seems Drakengard series and NieR are set in the same universe. Haven't looked too deep into it due to spoilers, but the news made me interested enough to play Drakengard 1 and 2, for 3 has yet to be released. But for Drakengard 3, the creators of NieR are part of the development team, and rumor has it, it will tie in to NieR. Take a look at that if you interested.

lol anytime. My ultimate goal in life is to spread the wonderful OST across the globe. Everyone must know of it. Indeed it is a shame that no sequel will be developed, but there is Drakengard 3. It seems Drakengard series and NieR are set in the same universe. Haven't looked too deep into it due to spoilers, but the news made me interested enough to play Drakengard 1 and 2, for 3 has yet to be released. But for Drakengard 3, the creators of NieR are part of the development team, and rumor has it, it will tie in to NieR. Take a look at that if you interested.

I've looked into it slightly knowing that I will never get around to Drakengard. The connection is still somewhat unclear to me, but from what I could tell, the Drakengard games are worth it for the insane (I mean insane) stories. A shame Square Enix refused to really advertise it and reviewers did a pretty poor job at actually reviewing the game (hurr durr bad graphics= bad game according to IGN).

As for the NieR OST, easily the best soundtrack I have ever heard in any video game, or movie. It's on a completely different level than everything.

I've looked into it slightly knowing that I will never get around to Drakengard. The connection is still somewhat unclear to me, but from what I could tell, the Drakengard games are worth it for the insane (I mean insane) stories. A shame Square Enix refused to really advertise it and reviewers did a pretty poor job at actually reviewing the game (hurr durr bad graphics= bad game according to IGN).

As for the NieR OST, easily the best soundtrack I have ever heard in any video game, or movie. It's on a completely different level than everything.

One thing I have learned from "reviewers" like IGN, if it is not a AAA game with the latest graphics, then it is an average game at extreme best. That is why I mostly look at reviews made by actual gamers. But Drakengard games are my next games to play once i finish my current ones. Shame you slightly know that you will never get around to playing the games. You are a fan of all things insane. haha but whenever i get around to it, I shall let you know how it goes ;)