muv luv installation problems

pokemon123

Ok. First, uninstall that version of Daemon tools and google for the most recent version. Make sure to search "Daemon tools lite" 

Install, pick a free license and close.

Then double click on the CCD file, daemon tools will mount it and open the autoplay so you can start installing.

Come back here if you have any more issues. ;)

Okay looks like I won't be able to play this then. I had actually installed daemon tools before but it gave me a ton of viruses(reason why I trusted fuwanovel is because they probably had a custom download that didin't have a ton of extra "baggage" along with the application itself.

Although if anyone can provide me with a custom download(unless it is not allowed) then that would be cool

This appears to be a muv luv collection. Sadly I can't help you since I downloaded 
Muv luv and Muv Luv Alternative separate in a different website.

Also you have to download daemon tools from the official website to avoid getting any viruses from edgy download sites
official download page: http://www.disk-tools.com/download/daemon

try with this version of daemon tools and don't be discouraged if you run into a wall. Reading VN's requires jumping through

hoops most of the time.  :amane:

This appears to be a muv luv collection. Sadly I can't help you since I downloaded 

Muv luv and Muv Luv Alternative separate in a different website.

Also you have to download daemon tools from the official website to avoid getting any viruses from edgy download sites

official download page: http://www.disk-tools.com/download/daemon

try with this version of daemon tools and don't be discouraged if you run into a wall. Reading VN's requires jumping through

hoops most of the time.  :amane:

I got it on the official site and it had viruses

you serious? I have Norton 360 (one of the most whiney AVs in this world) and downloaded just fine.

If you have Avast, please uninstall that POC. It only blacklists software instead of giving actual protection.

Anyway. I think RinXD asked if you installed the adapter because it's likely your anti-virus prevented Daemon

tools from doing it...
I assure you the daemon tools installer is virus free, so install and see if it works. If not, disable your Anti-virus

temporarily, install and then re-enable it.

you serious? I have Norton 360 (one of the most whiney AVs in this world) and downloaded just fine.

If you have Avast, please uninstall that POC. It only blacklists software instead of giving actual protection.

Anyway. I think RinXD asked if you installed the adapter because it's likely your anti-virus prevented Daemon

tools from doing it...

I assure you the daemon tools installer is virus free, so install and see if it works. If not, disable your Anti-virus

temporarily, install and then re-enable it.

My antivirus never notified of me anything.

But basically after installing I was being redirected constantly to some bogus sites as well popups coming up quite a bit. This only went away after I uninstalled this software as well as cleaning my computer. Note:My computer had been working perfectly fine before I installed daemon tools.

My antivirus never notified of me anything.

But basically after installing I was being redirected constantly to some bogus sites as well popups coming up quite a bit. This only went away after I uninstalled this software as well as cleaning my computer. Note:My computer had been working perfectly fine before I installed daemon tools.

I see. It's common that installers come bundled with adware. These are not viruses.

When you are prompted to install extra software or toolbars, you just simply say "NO" or untick boxes.

The daemon tools installer indeed comes bundled with adware but so does the direct X installer as well, 

so you gotta check carefully before you install any software.

I recommend you run the installer but make sure not to accept the offers that come bundled with it.

Then try to install muv luv and notify me if you have any more problems.

Edit: Daemon tools or any other virtual drive mounting software is nearly compulsory for installing most VNs

You must have one of these installed in your hard drive.   :wafuu:

This might seem like a dumb question, but did you browse for the disc images and add them to the "Image Catalog" in DAEMON Tools before mounting them (using the green "Play" symbol).  Your screenshot suggests that didn't happen.

Installing the lastest version of DAEMON Tools is not necessary (and I would advise against it). I know this because I didn't do it and I got Muv-Luv working.

>"included in the free Version is Smart File Advisor that helps to keep your system up to date by notifying you of the latest Software Updates as soon as they become available.

You can find out more on how Smart File Advisor can help you at the following link."

Sorry I'd rather not.

Ehh nevermind it's okay, If I miss out on one vn it doesn't matter to much