ITH & Tranlation Aggtrgator Not Reading Correctly

Rocketzero

When trying to translate the japanese text from majo no ocha kai the japanese characters that appear on ITH screen are very differen't from the ones actually appearing on the actually game screen and in turn a lot of the characters Tranlation Aggtrgator can't read properly at all are barely understandable, a example is when a character will say a sentence and the translation will often come out as mu or ga or patsubura. I followed the tutorial on how to use these programs correctly but if there's something i doing wrong i would like to know, if it helps mecab often says "failed to intialize mecab" and JParser would say " no dictionaries loaded".

If I understood you right, you got two problems.

First ITH doesn't hook the game correctly it seems. I'd recommend just trying a H-code, as that might fix it.

Paste this one into the top bar in ITH, press enter and click through some text in-game. It should pop up as a new thread.

/HB-4*0@433A28

Secondly regarding TA, If the errors persists after getting ITA to work. There might be something weird with your mecab or TA. Get the newest version of them as it might fix it.

If I understood you right, you got two problems.

First ITH doesn't hook the game correctly it seems. I'd recommend just trying a H-code, as that might fix it.

Paste this one into the top bar in ITH, press enter and click through some text in-game. It should pop up as a new thread.

/HB-4*0@433A28

Secondly regarding TA, If the errors persists after getting ITA to work. There might be something weird with your mecab or TA. Get the newest version of them as it might fix it.

Do you mean next to where it says adv.exe the name of the start up program for the game?

Yeah, a custom hook should appear after you inserted the h-code. That one should work better. Also I'd recommend to "save" that thread, so you don't need to re-insert it manually each time you play.

I got a bit confused with what you mean by translation, if you are using Atlas or something similar I don't know how to fix that. Glad it's working better anyway.