MegaMan X Order of Operations

SanadaShadow

I was feeling nostalgic and pulled out an old copy of MegaMan X for my SNES a short while back. So I thought, I'll give it a go. Problem is, almost all recollection of my past playthroughs are gone. So I'm a bit confused about how to get all the items scattered throughout the game. Would anyone please help?

I have the same feeling about Sonic 3 and Knuckles, it never gets old.

Anyway start in Chill Penguin stage. It has the boots upgrade, which allows the dash, and without it you

won´t win the game. If you get stuck on any part, PM me. I´m replaying it because I´m making a Let´s Play on Youtube.

I´ll believe you if it´s a Tool Assisted Speedrun

Hm?.... uhhhh

http://www.twitch.tv/calebhart42/b/495555562?t=4h19m48s

TAS? Nop

I mean I've tried to do another route (but not exactly speedrunning, also I use the emulator, but idc about the high tiers of speedruns) but although I don't fight Boomer right after Penguin, I can still beat him without doing Octopus first.

Also in 100% type runs it saves a lot of time by getting the heart without having to backtrack to Boomer's stage again to get it AFTERWARDS.

Well not going weaknes of the boss shouldn´t be a problem if you know the dash-shot glitch.

Also, saving time is something for speedrunners. If I want the heart in boomer´s stage, I use a charged shotgun ice, because my route for the game starts like this:

1-Chill Penguin Stage, to get the boots upgrade.

2-Storm Eagle Stage, to get a Heart Tank, the head upgrade and Storm Tornado.

3-Flame Mammoth Stage, to get the arms upgrade, a Heart Tank, a Subtank, and Fire Wave.

With this I only have to replay Chill´s Stage(Heart Tank), Spark Mandril Stage(Subtank) and Armored Armadillo Stage(Secret Skill). It doesn´t look time saving but I only have to revisit 3 stages and the I can go to Sigma´s Fortress Stage  

Um, wow. I forgot to follow this post.

I have the same feeling about Sonic 3 and Knuckles, it never gets old.

Anyway start in Chill Penguin stage. It has the boots upgrade, which allows the dash, and without it you

won´t win the game. If you get stuck on any part, PM me. I´m replaying it because I´m making a Let´s Play on Youtube.

Well, yeah, winning Chill Penguin will also freeze over the Flame Mammoth stage, making it a helluvalot safer.

there are different ways depending which upgrades you want first.

also some routes sometimes skip some stages for later (e.g. some routes would go vs Boomer Kuwanger without going to Launch Octopus first)

There are also routes which take you one way and make you return later to get the upgrades. The best example is that, in Kuwanger's stage, there's a heart tank just out of your reach. However, the power you need to get it is... Kuwanger's. Yep.

Well not going weaknes of the boss shouldn´t be a problem if you know the dash-shot glitch.

Also, saving time is something for speedrunners. If I want the heart in boomer´s stage, I use a charged shotgun ice, because my route for the game starts like this:

1-Chill Penguin Stage, to get the boots upgrade.

2-Storm Eagle Stage, to get a Heart Tank, the head upgrade and Storm Tornado.

3-Flame Mammoth Stage, to get the arms upgrade, a Heart Tank, a Subtank, and Fire Wave.

With this I only have to replay Chill´s Stage(Heart Tank), Spark Mandril Stage(Subtank) and Armored Armadillo Stage(Secret Skill). It doesn´t look time saving but I only have to revisit 3 stages and the I can go to Sigma´s Fortress Stage  

How do you use the charged Shotgun Ice for that?

And wasn't it convenient enough that you had the Escape Unit?

How do you use the charged Shotgun Ice for that?

And wasn't it convenient enough that you had the Escape Unit?

You need the arm part to charge boss weapons

And I´m not understanding your quiestion about the escape unit

You climbed The Tower all the way up and you see the Heart Tank.

go to the left, charge Shotgun Ice(look to the right), stand on the ice platform and while its moving you dash-jump from it.