Rewrite issues - I'm probably not the first (SOLVED)

Zodai

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? (link to instructions): Yes

Game Name: Rewrite

Description of Problem: Will put soon; kind of long-winded

Your Operating System: Windows 8

64 or 32 bit (link to how to find): 64

What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, fixing registry issues (I assume the issue is something else this time.)

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel? Through the torrent provided through Fuwanovel.

Hello, Zodai here.

I'm aware I'm not the first person to have issues with rewrite - I've seen the threads en-masse here while searching for a solution.

I'm aware of the 'make rewrite work' program; which utterly failed in my attempts. Thus, I went into the registry directly and manually changed that part.

However; now when I click on the SiglusEngine program; nothing happens.

In addition to my tests; I have tried running the rewrite-r4 program and installing it into a different folder to get it to work (Changed directory to match) When I opened it in that; the game crashed as soon as it was opened. I have tried the alternative SiglusEngine programs in the Readme; to no avail.

I understand that Rewrite threads tend to pop up a lot, and for good reason - however; it appears I have come across an error that I have not been able to find a solution too; and thus am posting this thread in an attempt to find it.

Regards,

Zodai.

Now, I shall be playing Little Busters! While I wait for a reply.

However; now when I click on the SiglusEngine program; nothing happens.

In addition to my tests; I have tried running the rewrite-r4 program and installing it into a different folder to get it to work (Changed directory to match) When I opened it in that; the game crashed as soon as it was opened.

If nothing happens (no errors appear or anything) it is usually because the path in registry is wrong.

Double check that the path for dat_setup and exe_dir are correct. For example "H:\[Fuwanovel] Rewrite\Rewrite"

Rewrite-r4 is the english patch only, it wont run without rest of the game files.

If nothing happens (no errors appear or anything) it is usually because the path in registry is wrong.

Double check that the path for dat_setup and exe_dir are correct. For example "H:\[Fuwanovel] Rewrite\Rewrite"

Rewrite-r4 is the english patch only, it wont run without rest of the game files.

I remember seeing you quite often in the other Rewrite threads :3

I have a screenshot of my registry and the folder it's listed in - however I can't figure out how to post it ;-;

C:\Users\Zodai\Documents\Downloaded Games\VNS\Rewrite\[Fuwanovel] Rewrite\Rewrite

C:\Users\Zodai\Documents\Downloaded Games\VNS\Rewrite\[Fuwanovel] Rewrite\Rewrite

A copy/paste of the three directories doesn't appear to have anything out of order; although I'm not 100% sure it isn't the directory.

Is the anything the MakeRewriteWork program changes outside of dat_dir and exe_dir?

Edit: It appears that according to the post, the correct directory is dat_setup and not dat_dir

However,

The "Make_Rewrite_Work2.bat" file doesn't work.

Make sure you are running it as administrator. (i.e. right click on it then run as administrator)

1) RUN (rewrite & rewrite32 *registration entries)

2) Open regedit

3) "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Key\Rewrite"

4) Change path for dat_dir & exe_dir

Example for my local installation: D:\My Files\[Fuwanovel] Rewrite\Rewrite

According to the FAQ on the download page; dat_dir is correct and dat_setup isn't mentioned.

Which one is correct? Right now dat_setup reads as full; with dat_dir and exe_dir leading to what is presumably the correct file.

Since you are on 64-bit system you probably have your registry entries in the wrong place.

To make this easier download this .bat and run it as an administrator in the rewrite folder.

Yay! :D

I had run across similar files that didn't quite work; so maybe I just ignored the rest and assumed they were the same.

Thank you; and I wish you luck on the next Rewrite thread!

(I think we all know this isn't going to be the last xD.)

I guess I should be happy that people aren't coming up with more difficult problems to solve but at this point I do think that we've had enough rewrite here :mellow:

Anyway have fun with Rewrite, I'll put this thread and myself to sleep :rolleyes: