Cafe Sourire (Interest Thread)

Would you play it?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play it?

This poll is closed to new votes

aQbIHVJl.jpg

Every summer vacation, while everyone is playing at the beaches or going camping in the mountains, Shinichi has a bored look on his face. Even though his father is getting remarried and he ended up living together with his older brother and childhood friend, it doesn’t trigger any excitement in his heart. However, this summer is different. Helping out at his father’s Cafe Sourire with his meddlesome friends, will it help him regain that ‘something’ that he had forgotten?

‘Sourire’ means ‘smile’ in French and that’s what this heartful love ADV wants you to do with its slice of life depiction of working at a cafe during summer vacation.

This VN caught my eye quite a while ago with it's striking, soft art style. I recently downloaded the Japanese version of the game and am now more interested in it then ever. So interested in fact that I thought would take Aaeru's advice, and become the editor and project lead for this. But first I would like to see how interested the community here is in playing it, and if there are any individuals who would specifically like to work on it as a translator, hacker/encoder or proof-reader.

From what I've played of it, the game seems very much in the vein of Little Busters/Katawa Shoujo. I doubt it will get quite as dark as those though (but hey, looks can be deceiving).

Only the .ks files of the scripts are around 3.5MB which is quite a lot (even though it has speaker tag and voice address and all that included in the script).

So you will ideally want more translators (for each route etc).

I think if you are really starting this, you should rename the topic and ask Aaeru for the blog post, it should help you get some more attention and potentially people.

As it stands now, it looks just like a question if players are actually interested (ofc they are, there will always be people who want to play a VN in English, not need to really ask :P).

So changing the topic and the whole first post into looking for people thread and share more detail for the actual translators (like what routes there are, how the choices are made, how long it is etc)

Look up more info yourself, WT so you can see the number of routes, playtime on EGS (there it is 15 hours average so it will be like 20-30 for normal pace English readers).

You also want to prepare a torrent version of the game for the translators and other people working on it, find out if there are some additional patches and what they change if there are some.