[OT] Warframe

eclipsezero

Official Site: Link

Steam: Link

What is Warframe?:

A Free to Play co-operative(player versus enemy) sci-fi third person shooter where you play as a wall-running overpowered cyber-ninja dude. More on actual gameplay down below!

Story:

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Factions:

TennoFaction.jpg?c=d41e0c281a7afb3d4f17e3ef6c001ddc

Tenno

Preserved in cryopods for centuries, the Tenno awaken to a new war, fighting and resisting the Grineer Empire’s stranglehold on the solar system.

---

GrineerFaction.jpg?c=4d65d1873d5ad8b61fe83291a06269c0

Grineer

The Grineer are a decaying race of militarized humans motivated by fear and envy. They have targeted the Tenno for extinction.

---

CorpusFaction.jpg?c=b66d3c87a5d8153005cb3fd696c60aec

Corpus

The Corpus control all traded goods. The reclusive Corpus seek lost Orokin technology to build their own weapons of war to combat the Tenno and if necessary, the Grineer.

Gameplay:

As already said, this is a third person shooter with parkour, stealth(still being worked upon, very basic and hard to pull off at the time of writing this) and strong melee elements.

You can wallrun right across chasms and what not, chain together sliding with melee-ing to do spin attacks etc. etc.

I am not exactly the best person to explain all the gameplay mechanics or describe them, so have some gameplay vids!

Video showcasing gameplay with the silenced bow weapon Paris:

PARKOUR OR BUST:

You promised melee!:

I COULDN'T FIND ANY GOOD VIDEOS, I AM SORRY, I HAVE FAILED YOU FELLOW(POTENTIAL) TENNO! THOUGH SHALL HAVE TO DISCOVER THE WONDERS OF SLICING ENEMIES IN HALF FOR THYSELF!

GO FORTH WITHOUT HESITATION, DIVE RIGHT INTO THE MASSES OF ENEM-ok no don't do that you will die reaaaaaally quickly.

And that's it. Obviously being in Open Beta there is a LOT to be worked on, but what I've seen(and heard in the developer livestreams) this game has TONS and TONS of potential!

Also, for a open beta, the game is TONS of fun, at least for me.

Things being worked on:

Better bosses

Better stealth(FUCK YES PLEASE)

Trading/Clan systems

More varied environments, levels feel very samey at the moment, which takes away from the current game.

Addition of more lore and story elements, such as a Codex and stuff. Highly excited for this because the current lore built has tons of potential to it.

So...why am I posting this? Basically, to see if anyone here is interested in playing together, and to raise awareness :3

If people are interested, I will be keeping a log of ingame player names here, starting with my own:

Sight