Virtual reality going in the right direction

Xypers

virtual reality has been around even before the virtual boy, and i'm guessing that the real question here would be: "who doesn't know about the virtual boy's fail?"

so i'm sorry you lost the bet.

This is also one of the reasons why Nintendo is not joining oculus/sony/samsung etc even if they are probably the most innovative gaming company if we are talking about hardware. They are still butthurt about virtualboy and they hope that this whole VR bubble will burst open, and they are ready with the new 3D technology they brevetted to "absorb" the fall of all the gamers from the VR delusion they think there is.

Nintendo was ahead of time and they were scared of copycats, this is exactly the opposite of what Oculus is doing, they are GLAD that sony /samsung etc is trying to "copy" their idea, because they believe the more people are in this project, the more VR can't fail, also the technology thanks to the extreme advancement in the smartphones scene, is here.

Why do you think facebook spent 2 BILLION dollars on oculus? why do you think Oculus just bought Raknet just to open source it instead of making profit out of it?

for mare's sake Oculus is sharing technology with valve and is helping sony, they are making sure that everything built for rift also works on everything else and they said they will sell the consumer version at PRODUCTION COST, even a little at loss...ALL of this with the objective of making the VR mainstream.

If you are saying this VR will fail because it already failed 20 years ago with Nintendo, i bet that you are the one who don't know what are we talking about.

Well, yeah, my point was that gamers want change... They just don't want it quickly. "For every great game, there were a few failed games in the past like it." -Sanada, 2014.