Utawarerumono errors in windows XP

Thank you in advance for your time. 

This is not about the nickname error or the save file error or a windows 7/vista error. I have looked around for a while and can not find a solution to any of the problems I am currently having except the existence of a no disc patch (which zelos found) which I can not get to work.

I am running windows xp on a old (somewhere between directx 8 and 9) laptop, my region and non unicode is in japanese.  

When I try to open the voice.exe it tells me that I need the disc after showing me the leaf screen, if I change the dvd.old to dvd.exe it tells me that the dvd is corrupt, if i open up the newly renamed dvd.exe I get the error in the photo below. my most recent attempt had me replace the record save from the sav/unlock folder but that did not do anything.

I can not get the jp text.exe tile to open due to not finding the disc no matter what I do as well. 

(link with screen shoot shortly)

Edited by Tanteikingdomkey

i havnt download utawarerumono myself but after a brief search.

on this page http://bl.canadia.info/utamono/

there a zip file called "utawareru mono english NoDVD patch" after checking my self the link is active.

i haven't done it myself so im merely guessing but if its indeed the nodvd patch you would unzip and place the copy in the program files and start it up along side the original start up application if that doesnt work make sure it replaces the original start up application but as i said have not done myself >>

I can't get it to work even after downloading all three files that I thought should help. 

I downloaded the original patch previously, and from that site I grabbed the no cd patch, the no DVD patch, and the english no dvd patch on that site. 

I would just install the game in japanese and then patch the game with one of the copies of the game I imported but the dvd drive on this thing is currently not showing up in my computer