SC2VN - The Esports Visual Novel

Vogue

Then it worked, because I've caught myself wondering what it's like to be a professional eSports player sometimes after I played SC2VN. If there's to be a sequel, I can only cheer for the team, because I definitely want to see more.

By the way, were the characters based on real-life pro players? I looked up the names, except Mach, and it turned out there were players named Reva and Accel with replays on Youtube, but I couldn't gather enough information on them to know whether it was just a coincidence, a far off inspiration or what.

The names I came up with were based on a speed motif. If there are other people named Accel/Reva out there, it's by coincidence only. Stunt's aesthetic design is taken from what a protoss probe would look/act like IRL. Also, the idea of some typical shonen hero having to hang out with a bunch of adults makes me laugh, so there's some of that in there too. And although I didn't explicitly intend the similarities, people have rightfully pointed out that Jett is very similar to IdrA.

If you're digging this whole eSports thing, I recommend watching State of Play if you're interested in StarCraft, or the Smash Bros. documentary if you're looking for something a little more Western/light-hearted.