Voice error in Shirotsume Souwa patch

shiho07

So i was trying to get the voice patch for Shirotsume Souwa to work but it always crashes when it tries to play the first line in the game. I tried using both the english and japanese script files which came with the patch and both crash at the same point.

My current theory is that i need to use the standard edition (dvd installer instead of 2 cds) since it fails with the version i used regardless of whether i use the official bugfix patch or not.

Anyway... I was wondering if anyone else has used this patch and got it to work. I'm in no hurry to read it particularly but i just got slightly annoyed that i couldnt get it to work. I'll post again if i figure it out but i likely wont try again for a while so im hoping someone else already has the answer.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay i managed to get around to trying this again and i got it to work.

Yes the problem was that i needed the standard edition for the voice patch to work. (I have no idea whether the download version works or not though so keep that in mind.)