Steins;gate phonew freeze

aztekenen

greetings. throughout my play of steins;gate visuel novel i vastly enjoyed the game. only problem is, starting at  the beginning of chapter 4 homeostasis, i end up freezing upon reading any of the mails send to me. the game looks okay if i dont read them and i haven't checked if later chapter related mails have the same issue. and since i haven't yet come to chapter 5 i dont know if chapter 5 may have it as well. previous chapters didn't however. but these sorts of bugs can be very deadly considering every mail you interact with can change your ending. im currently at the part where you receive 2 mails while Okabe talks about John Titor being a fraud and wanting to try out more D-mails in an attempt to change the past after loto SIX. of course i could ignore the 2 emails but that sounds like ill be skipping on maybe some game changing stuff now, and maybe in the future if it happens again as well. i play the latest western release btw. the music does keep going though and i can exit game as well with esc.  any ideas?