Steins;Gate possible glitch or bug. Or am I doing something wrong?

skywarior1

In the fourth chapter of Steins;Gate, I'm trying to collect the first True Ending flag. I respond to Kurisu's messages as per the walkthrough, however something doesn't add up. One of the choices the walkthrough is telling me to click on does not appear in the message. The walkthrough is telling me to click "do better". But the only choice available is "corny joke." At first I thought it was because I have not finished Mayuri's route, which makes sense since you need ZERO flags to finish her route. I did that, then I started all from the beginning collecting achievements and responding to texts according to the walkthrough, making sure I don't miss anything. But this problem keeps coming up. Is this a glitch or bug, if so can someone tell me how to fix this? Or did I miss out on one thing?

One guy posted a really precise chart on the steins;gate walkthrough thread. But I can't find the thread anymore :shrug:, looks like it's been deleted for some unknown reason.

I may also be linked to a translation mistake on either the walkthrough or the game depending on which version you play.

You can use that though. It should be fine : http://steins-gate.wikia.com/wiki/Steins;Gate_100%25_Completion_Walkthrough

What message you are recieving is a better indicator than what you have to pick. Especially if it's a single choice. They don't have to make you chose something specific.

As long as you get the genius girl melanchly achievement, you are on your way for the true end.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I figured it out. The version I was playing the whole time wasn't exactly the official version. I downloaded the JastUSA version, so things may be different

What do you mean by JASTUSA version being unofficial? The walkthrough on the wiki actually works for the official JASTUSA version. Quoted from the site, "The text on this flowchart completely matches with the official JAST translation and has been tested, so there should be no problems."

My guess is that you didn't choose the previous "scientist" or "bad scientist" or both.