Has a VN ever made you depressed?

Rabbit

As the topic title implies, have you ever felt depressed or extremly sad by a VN? It could be for different reasons, the bad endings got to you, or the good endings made you remember something/made you feel lonely etc.

Wether or not you wanna answer or if you wanna say why is upto you as this question may be abit too personal. :)

I myself felt depressed after finishing the Katawa shoujo route Hanako, both good and bad endings aswell as Lilly, it's one of the reasons i haven't picked it up these past 2 years.

I also felt depressed from Clannad's, Kotomi and Nagisa route.

As for why, I think there's multiple factors that I cba to go into unless someone wants to know comes. ^^

Sharin no kuni made me remember those days i want to forget. Memories r mysterious things, thing tht u want to forget r actually the things u will always remember because its too hard not to remember, and SNK amplified those memories for me.

I think there's a fine line between feeling extremly sad and being depressed, I can't say I ever went into a legitimate state of depression because of a VN and I feel like saying otherwise would be a bit disrespectful to some who actually suffer(ed) from depression.

But I can confirm there were some VNs that left quite the void in my heart and made me quite sad for a while and for this I'll bring up Saigusa Haruka's route in Little Busters, no matter how much anyone bashes the game or Key, even coming from me, Haruka's route was one of the saddest things I've witnessed and since it belonged to my first ever VN, all the more impactful it was and I remember bawling my eyes out over it and took me a while before I could continue the game.

Hanako's route in Katawa Shoujo was also pretty impactful, but I have to say the ending cheered me up enough not to leave me in a completely wrecked state.

Luckily I'm already clinically depressed, and have been for years, so nope! \o/

Kara no Shoujo put a bit of a strain on my nervous system, but I hadn't noticed it until the final scenes, after which I felt sort of relieved in the "nightmare is over" kind of way.

I felt let down by some of the things that happened in the last chapter of Aiyoku no Eustia so I was kind of glum while flipping through that, but I think the only VN that really made me depressed was Symphonic Rain. Thanks to a stupendously idiotic main character some things happen that will just suck the happiness right out of you. Some of it happens to my favorite character too.

I think there's a fine line between feeling extremly sad and being depressed, I can't say I ever went into a legitimate state of depression because of a VN and I feel like saying otherwise would be a bit disrespectful to some who actually suffer(ed) from depression.

Thats true, there is a fine line between being very sad and depressed, and it's a line not everyone knows the difference too, either because they don't know what being depressed is like or because they haven't legitimate noticed that they were depressed, not everyone notices it. And saying that you're depressed when you aren't may be disrespectful. Pain is a relative thing tho and different humans feel different amount of pain. Ill fix my question to add depressed or extremely sad :)

Japanese lessons are calling for you

I think a functioning brain is currently my main priority seeing as how I lack one for languages

Rewrites Shizuru ending made me extremely sad :P

Oh god........... Up till the end I was hoping for a Key style somewhat happy end but they gave us such a bittersweet ending. And that

Diary

.... commence crying*

Kara no Shoujo - When

Yosomiya Tsuzuriko dies

that was probably the only time I stopped on a first playthrough of a visual novel to look up a walkthrough to see if that event could be avoided. When I learned it couldn't I was a bit distrought and was unable to play the vn for the rest of the day. Seriously who just axes off the comedy relief like that in a depressing murder mystery?