Looking for a mature/seinen anime

Soooo after a really long break I decided that it's time to watch a new seisen anime, the last one was muv luv and it was terrible in every sense (except for the first 2 episodes)

I want something with a good, mature and dark plot, where if a character needs to die it dies! This is the list of the ones I already saw (and want to see something similar)

Berserk, claymore, parasyte, full metal panic the second season, elfen lied, monster, ergo proxy, death note, gantz, hellgirl.

Oh please nothing related with vampires...I hate that :P

And no, boku no piko it's out of the question!

Arigatou ^_^

Psycho Pass all the way man, season two isn't quite as good as the first season but I would also strongly recomend it.

Kara no Kyoukai is one my all time favorite anime movie series, but it has its' issues. First off the movies are out of order chronologicaly, which can scare off some people. Second, while the action scenes are pretty amazing..... there is alot of philosphizing, moralizing, and "filler" shots... inbetween, but hey it's animated by UFOtable so at least it's pretty.

not sure if they're exactly what you're looking for but, they are more of the mature, darker kinds of anime (no vampire)

- Akame ga Kill!

- Btooom!

- Code Geass

- Deadman Wonderland

- D.Gray-man

- Corpse Party: Tortured Souls

- Ga Rei Zero

- Highschool of the Dead

- 12 Kingdoms

- Full Metal Alchemist

- Mirai Nikki

- Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal

- From The New World

- Fate/Zero

- Sunday Without a God

- Record of Lodoss Wars (maybe)

Not sure if it's to your tastes, but I'd recommend Monster. Either that, or Jin-Roh. Then, there's Casshern Sins. Kurenai is good if you're looking for a more dramatic, slice of life story. Ima, Soko no Iru Boku and Shin Sekai Yori are decent recommendations as well.

Not sure if it's to your tastes, but I'd recommend Monster. Either that, or Jin-Roh. Then, there's Casshern Sins. Kurenai is good if you're looking for a more dramatic, slice of life story. Ima, Soko no Iru Boku and Shin Sekai Yori are decent recommendations as well.

Ooh, I forgot that completely. It's such a great movie, definitely worth to watch.

Considering you liked Berserk, I'll recommend: 

• Vagabond, which is imo something on par with it on many aspects, surpassing it on some even. The art is amazing and arguably better, and both protagonists are a similar in a way.
  • Vinland Saga is also amazing, though it's a level below those two imo. 
  • After School War Activities and 3 Level Combination while not exactly the kind of "dark plot" you probably are looking for, are good and mature.
  • 20th Century Boys is always a valid choice as well.
  • I am a Hero is still publishing but it's pretty good too.

i didn't see it mentioned so i will of course have to do so, if you haven't seen nhk ni youkoso you really should and even better read the manga and light novel as well they all have variations on the story and in terms of how they differ, light novel is without a doubt the darkest , then the manga , then the anime. very good if you happen to be one for self isolation . 

Don't use the word seinen, it's really non representative of anything and only servers to say which dermographic is the target audience.

Seinen manga can go from To Love-Ru to Tokyo Ghoul.

Anyway...

My recomendations:

+1 Ima, Soko ni iru, Boku

+1 Shinsekai Yoru

Darker than Black

Higurashi

Gantz (season 2 butchered the ending, I suggest continuing on with the manga instead)

Thanks all of you for your suggestions, I know seinsen is not representative of what I want, that's why I added mature and dark, but with "seinsen" you can cut a lot of anime/manga's  because it is directed towards an older audience against shounen for example( not that I wont find anything in shounen because in fact I did, with claymore for example!),  that's why I say seinen. btw I'm not even sure if you can use seinen or shounen for anime or if it is exclusive to manga :P

I will love to see vagabond but as far as I know there is no anime :(

My quota of likes was reached today apparently  :ph34r:

Seinen manga/anime with dark themes tend to be my favorite. I highly recommend Kaiji and Akagi (they were both written by the same mangaka and both have anime adaptations). Personally I recommend Kaiji over Akagi, but they are both good. For your information though, the art may look unappealing at first, but it really suits the dark atmosphere. Here is a good review of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiJXw7Js3gk. I would also recommend the heavily underrated Legendary Gambler Tetsuya. Whereas Kaiji uses the theme of gambling as a metaphor for capitalism, Legendary Gambler Tetsuya portrays what gambling was like in post-war Japan when the country was poverty stricken. (If you can't tell, I love gambling stories, ironically I stay away from gambling in real life though).  

Serial Experiments Lain is also quite good, but also extremely confusing and will require at least 2 viewing to understand it. Personally though, I recommend Kaiji above the others as I have watched it 3 times now and it is still as exiting as the first time I saw it.  

• 2 weeks later...