My Vita VN Review Blog is Live!

Getsuya

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/blog/71-lovin-my-vita-loca/

Finally got up my first review: Aiyoku no Eustia: Angel's Blessing. Since this is my very first blog/review please give me all kinds of feedback and be super harsh so I know what I can improve on. I really want to have my own style about my reviews that's informative while also being a little silly and light-hearted

I guess the best way to put it is that these endings don`t really seem like good endings, but rather arbitrary stopping points shoved in so that people playing the adult version could see the H scenes.

As I said in your other thread, I'm, reading the adult version right now (still on Eris' chapter... I'm a slow reader when it comes to japanese) and yeah... that's exactly what they are. There are also a shit-ton of extra h-scenes in an appendix section that unlock as you read through the game. I'm really glad they're pushed off in a separate section because there are like 20 scenes there and it would be very awkward if they were all inserted into the story.

And the ending (which I was spiled about some time ago :() and Eustia is really divisive, you really find all sorts of opinions when reading people's review. Luckily for me Eustia is probably my second favirote character in the game after Caim and what I have heard about the ending doesn't sound like something that would bother me so I'm probably going to have a more positive experience. I also love the second ending song... so each to their own I guess. :D

As I've said earlier I have only read through Fione's ending so far, but I really appreciate how the best resolution for her wasn't a romance. In a lot of visual novel the girls' problems are only solved by being in a romantic relationship with the protagonist. This is understandable because of how these VNs are structured but it still often comes off as a tad bit sexist. Because of the structure of Eustia where the routes are just fanservice the best resolution for a character's arcs can exist without any involvement with Caim and I think that's great.

That was pretty interesting review. I liked the extended "good, bad and the ugly" section, definitely keep that. It was entertaining, but also informative.

Bonus points for talking about the negative parts honestly and from personal perspective. The beginning managed to convince the reader that the game is actually good, but only going talking about the flaws in such detail creates a good overall view of the game. Especially when the good parts were discussed side by side with not so good parts

There were some parts that could be considered spoilers, so you could be slightly more careful with those. Nothing major, but could be annoying to some people.

For example, the: "

First is the characters who don`t make it to the end." is on the fence if it's spoils too much or not. But that's my opinion and it's not that major spoiler, but be careful.

Writing was good, no complaints about that. It was easy to read and it flowed naturally. The apostrophes and quotation marks were kind of weird, but that is just a small formatting problem. 

That`s Eustia vs That's Eustia. Or `oh woe is me` vs. "Oh woe is me". 

It's nice too see some love for vita VNs. I'm personally interested in those but getting info or well thought opinions is not so easy, so I hope to see more of these reviews. Good work!

So are you going to be reviewing otomege?  About eighty percent of all Vita-released VNs are anime side-stories or otomege, after all (with a quarter of those being by Idea Factory, lol).

• 1 month later...