PRETTY x CATION 2 -- Intense lag caused by E-mote system

So this visual novel uses the E-mote system to animate its' characters, and it's actually really well done, but the problem is that the game uses up to 60% of my CPU and is really slow.

Before I reformatted my drive, I had Nekopara installed (they use E-mote as well, I believe)  and suffered from the same issues.  Updating my drivers fixed the issue and I was able to play it just fine.  So I tried updating my drivers again and it's still extremely laggy.

Has anyone experienced or have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance :)

Which drivers did you update? Also can you give more summary like which gpu you use. When you updated drivers did you had freshly installed OS? (Also I suspect did you edit some settings inside a game?)

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (integrated, not dedicated or anything, ~1600mb memory available to it)

CPU: Intel i5 3210M at 2.5GHz

This is a fresh install of Windows 7 (haven't even had it installed for a month yet.)

I updated the graphics card as well as DirectX.  Doing this worked for Nekopara Vol 1, which I think also uses the E-mote system to animate their characters.  But PRETTY x CATION 2 is extremely laggy and while my computer isn't really top of the line, it should be more than able to handle it.

The only settings I've edited in the game are the text settings.

I have a feeling that your system might not be able to handle it, but I'm honestly not 100% sure since VN's don't need that good of a system to run.

I found this thread on vndb that talks about the same issue here and the OP has the same GPU. https://vndb.org/t6448

I would take my thoughts with a grain of salt though, as I'm still looking for the system requirements for the game.

I have a feeling that your system might not be able to handle it, but I'm honestly not 100% sure since VN's don't need that good of a system to run.

I found this thread on vndb that talks about the same issue here and the OP has the same GPU. https://vndb.org/t6448

I would take my thoughts with a grain of salt though, as I'm still looking for the system requirements for the game.

This is very helpful, thank you so much

I know for a fact my system can handle it because I've played Nekopara and another VN that I can't remember the name of, that use the same exact system to animate their characters and I got flawless animation with about 5-10% CPU usage maximum.

So you're right about VNs not really needing much cpu

Thanks again, guess I'll just wait for hibiki works to hopefully release a patch fixing it  :D