How do you read VNs (Stolen from reddit)

I'm pretty much relaxed at my desk when I read. I'll get my headphones on, start the game, lean back in my desk chair, kick one of my legs out and hold them up on the back of my desk, and keep my hands close to my waist while using a controller to advance the text. And if the game doesn't allow controller use, I'll open up Joytokey. I usually drink citrus green tea to keep my mind refreshed.

Is somebody in possession of a creepy basement? (You know, the kind that's typically used to secretly gas door-to-door salesmen, clean bloodstained weapons or safely keep all the tied children from the neighborhood.)

You could probably hook your laptop up to a beamer and read all the VNs you want projected to a huge wall. Must be nice.

I call bullshit, how do you open the door without unlocking it first?

on my desk (at home OFC)

though

the best way to read Umineko is in a thunderstorm. Seriously. 

(EP1 spoilers)

You leave the study after betraying some people, come in front of the portrait, find Natsuhi's corpse...

As you encounter the witch, Maria says "I told you all along."

AND THEN THUNDER STRIKES WHEN THERE HAS BEEN A HEAT WAVE FOR THE LAST WEEK

scared me so good

Stop the presses. The correct way to play a VN has just appeared:

http://geekologie.com/2015/01/an-upside-down-desk-for-using-your-lapto.php

My god.

I never have to move again.

Later that day, a man was found dead in his bed with a laptop suspended above him, which was confiscated and discovered to have several terabytes of moe animu wimenz on the screen at the time of death.

Investigators report that the man had several pounds of Cheeto© dust caked to his fingers and mouth area, several doubled spinal plates due to lack of movement for extended periods of time, and an unusually bruised groinal region.