Members who hide their genders

This is something I was discussing on the Fuwachat and I'd like to hear your opinions. 

Why do members hide their genders? 

In my opinion, it's because most are girls and they fear sexist people or don't want anyone to have a biased opinion about her based on her gender. Could also be that they fear sexual harassment from other members. 

Some people said it could also be boys who are trying to deceive people into thinking they are girls (like Catfish cases), but I see no sense in this argument because: 1. it was much easier to just put the female gender 2. fuwa isn't a very good place to do this (places like MAL have a higher chance of success)

But what do you guys think?

SORRY GUYS I MEAN GENDERS, not genres

My favorite genre is horror when it comes to movies.

Games, favorite genre is action adventure.

~~

Dunno why people hide their genders, they could be too lazy to set it, or they get some satisfaction from being anonymous, or they wanna role play, idk.

Beware throwing around the sexist comment. It makes people get angsty >.>

lol... do you mean gender?

Sorry about that. Yeah.

(Definitely talking about me)

Well...why...just because I like to leave it that way~

It's kinda fun when people just keep mistaking me for a girl from time to time~

Also, my favorite genre is comedy

I wasn't talking about you, Satsuki. The fuwachat was about... um... Aniki. But this applies to everyone who hide their gender

Because it's the internet, and some people like the anonymity the internet provides?  I honestly don't give a rat's ass what people know about me here, aside from not saying what town I live in or my full name, but some people are different.  Asking people why they refuse to divulge their gender is also rather personal.  Besides, you can't generalize something like that, it's too complicated.

Who cares? It's only a different gender, we all have the same or around the same interests, such as anime, LN, manga and Visual novels so why does it matter if they're a different sex?

If they promised to kiss you as an award it sure matters. (not that anyone did that, just speculating a possible award of the Battle Royale).

Also, it matters in the fuwa shipping thread.

I get the feeling people are just overprotective of their idenity, like any bit of personal information they disclose on the internet will somehow allow everyone to steal their bank account info.

There are also those who identify with the other gender, despite being biologically the opposite gender.

I've changed my gender status depending on my mood xD. It's been changed to anonymous, male, and female before just for fun.  It confuses people sometimes, which could be amusing to me, lol.  I don't think I mind too much what gender people view me as, as long as they treat me friendly like everyone else.

If they promised to kiss you as an award it sure matters. (not that anyone did that, just speculating a possible award of the Battle Royale).

Also, it matters in the fuwa shipping thread.

I still ship people regardless of their gender xD I don't think it's a thread to be taken that seriously anyways. It's more for fun.

I honestly don't give a rat's ass 

giphy.gif

You had me there :D

Who cares? It's only a different gender, we all have the same or around the same interests, such as anime, LN, manga and Visual novels so why does it matter if they're a different sex?

Some people find it interesting. You can't take that away from them either mate. Nor can we disrespect the right to privacy of all our members .. embarrassed4-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129

I get the feeling people are just overprotective of their idenity

confused-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862... How in the world can someone be deemed overprotective over their identity?

Look at people's avatars, most of them are girls and that obviously shows most users are girls.

Wake up people. ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

(Funny enough I often do associate users with their avatars)

I never check each person in the ships to know if they are opposite genders or not.

Isn't it more fun to leave it to your imagination? ;)