The scariest part of your day

I've lived alone in the same apartment for 1.5 years, been working at my same job (so I see essentially the same people all day) for over 2 years, and even worked at the same company and lived in the same city for the last 8 years. So, most of my daily life is so routine now that it can't really be scary, so this is kind of a tough question...

I guess I'm fortunate not to be scared of anything that's part of that routine - in particular, going to sleep for the night has not been an issue for me in recent recollection. However, anything that gets me out of my routine usually becomes scary for me. I fell in with a new bunch of acquaintances recently and started doing bar trivia with them on Wednesday evenings - that's definitely the most scary "regular" event for me, because I don't really know any of them well at all, and like so many others here, I'm not comfortable in social situations.

Trying to guess if my bus will be late or not, and risking either having to walk ~5-8 minutes to catch a second one or missing both entirely and not going to school.  Dat adrenaline rush when you miss the bus followed immediately by swear words and panic.  Closely followed by sitting next to someone on the bus that is obviously mentally unhinged and wondering if it's safe to be sitting near them.

Trying to guess if my bus will be late or not, and risking either having to walk ~5-8 minutes to catch a second one or missing both entirely and not going to school.  Dat adrenaline rush when you miss the bus followed immediately by swear words and panic.  Closely followed by sitting next to someone on the bus that is obviously mentally unhinged and wondering if it's safe to be sitting near them.

hey! i dont ride your bus!

Something scary that's almost a daily occurrence, eh? Let me think...

I suppose it's the fear of thinking there might be a spider nearby that might crawl on me after I fall asleep. I also always have the fear of not being successful in my studies and education because of how easily addicted I am to my computer, I guess you can say that my fear is procrastinating to the point where I'll be lead nowhere (which is easily fixable but am hardly ever motivated to do so due to low willpower)

Waking up an hour before my alarm goes off, then rolling and tossing until I'm almost running late. Proceed to get up, shower, and go to work.

It's not that I dislike my job, it's just incredibly stressful work. Wasting about 3 hours in bed each day instead of going in early tends to keep me in the cycle as well, because I feel like I'm spending my weekdays doing nothing but work and sleep.

the scariest part of my day is when i go to bed with the knowledge that i will wake up with terrible pain in my legs every day.....

Well on the bright side they make for a damm fine alarm clock. never had to set my actual alarm in my life.

I dread going to bed and the time that it takes to fall asleep, due to being a time where one is alone with his thoughts. No escape, no distractions, nothing to make you forget them. Just you and your angst, worries and fears, free for them to haunt you until you fall asleep. 

That sounds like where I live, or any major urban area in the U.S. really. 

I can't think of anything particularly but getting mugged on campus is usually the main concern, especially at night. 

That or the slow, ever-present frustration and agony of me trying to figure out what I should do with my life.   :sachi:

So people actually think scary things before going to sleep? I just lie down being useless thinking about threads to make on Fuwanovel and by morning I remember nothing.

in my case it has been happening since i was 13 and i am almost 22 now, so it is not really thinking and more knowing.

.....I want some new legs, ones that dont hurt 24/7. 

Hmm, well. Similar to the other people here I have had sleeping problems as well, I've had them for years now. Simply worrying or my mind just keeps thinking and doesn't stop for hours while I should be sleeping. Instead I would just get more awake while laying there.

I get around this by sleeping less pretty much. I only go to sleep when I am feeling really drowsy. Due to forceful habit (perhaps) I can wake up with my alarm clock even with really little sleep. Still feel like crap though. Due to having always some lack of sleep, I fall asleep much faster..

My most scary part of the day is no doubt when I feel really bored. It feel like the entire world is hopeless and doesn't have any purpose at all. There is no joy in it. I seriously feel down in the dumps at that moment. The moment passes quickly luckily.

Waking up in the morning, probably. It's like there's this internal alarm that goes off every time I wake up, reminding me of what a mess I have let my life become and how alone I am (in a sense that I don't really have any friends). I get scared of what is going to happen in the future, and I can't think straight. But it goes away if I occupy myself with something like music/anime/VN's. Most of the time, at least. This fear is doubled if I don't have my anxiety medication.

Waking up in the morning, probably. It's like there's this internal alarm that goes off every time I wake up, reminding me of what a mess I have let my life become and how alone I am (in a sense that I don't really have any friends). I get scared of what is going to happen in the future, and I can't think straight. But it goes away if I occupy myself with something like music/anime/VN's. Most of the time, at least. This fear is doubled if I don't have my anxiety medication.

I'm sure a lot of people can relate to that. Mornings tend to be the part of the day where all our morale are more often at their lowest.