Is Kiniro Mosaic worth watching?

That feels when someone else disses your favorite character :cry: . You have to at least watch two or three more episodes before you pass a sentance. The first episode is radically different from the rest of the show.

your right the first episode of the show totally gives off a different tone and mood then the rest does also i like yoko and aya too

No, they never go back to England, not even in season 2.

The whole show is centered around their everyday antics, nothing more, nothing less. 

I wonder why the author of the manga never had this idea. Maybe possibly in a 3rd season? Japanese schools are boring... Do they go to other places besides school and the mall that time?

I wonder why the author of the manga never had this idea. Maybe possibly in a 3rd season? Japanese schools are boring... Do they go to other places besides school and the mall that time?

Because that's just the sort of thing they were going for, a light hearted comedy centered around character interactions.

Japanese authors don't know how to do foreign settings, so you should be grateful instead that they played it safe.

Any manga from Manga Time Kirara follows similar patterns. It's not about the setting as much as it is about the character interaction.

Certainly they could have played around with it a bit better and go to England once in a while and that would have been nice to see, but I think it's fine like this too since I'm more interested in watching the girls having fun rather than pay attention to the setting.

Also like I said why not think of it as foreigners visiting Japan?

Karen and Alice learn a bunch of Japanese things once in a while and they bring up culture contrasts so that's always something.

I think you just need to not think so hard about it and just enjoy the girls having fun, but maybe that's just me, this type of show is just not meant to be over analyzed.

Because that's just the sort of thing they were going for, a light hearted comedy centered around character interactions.

It's not about the setting as much as it is about the character interaction.

The problem is: it's cute girls DOING CUTE THINGS. The setting will influence what cute things they will do and can be explored greatly in a show like this. The setting (at least imo) serves as a substitute to the plot that is nonexistent in this kind of anime. But there's not much cute things that can be done in an average school (not counting clubs). Actually, up to know, they aren't really doing any cute things, just talking.

its a cute girls doing cute things cutely show the settings pretty much not important. i mean the setting lightly affects the type of shenanigans they will get in to but its not a driving force of the genre.

See reply above the quote.

Also like I said why not think of it as foreigners visiting Japan?

Karen and Alice learn a bunch of Japanese things once in a while and they bring up culture contrasts so that's always something.

I'm thinking like that, but that's not the problem. It'd be much more fun if they were in some traditional Japanese school or something. The setting is just too... normal.

I think you're missing some fundamental principles of 4-koma gag manga: gags

If you don't like the show that's fine, I just feel like you're looking at it from a really odd prespective.

I'm not denying the setting could be better, but I feel like it has little to do with what's going on in this show in particular since the focus is obviously on all the gags and antics between the girls and even if it was set in Englad they'd likely only be at school using the same gags or being outside using the same gags, just with different backgrounds, because the humor value here comes from the interactions and punchlines, as per any standard story of this type. Perhaps the gags could use some other elements, but the structure would still be fairly similar if you ask me, so I'm not sure what exactly do you require for "cute things" to be entertaining. The girls are always all over each other, that's plenty cute in my book.

I don't think it's "too normal", I think it's just not doing anything over the top and it's playing around in a simple manner, and in my opinion it works out fine here. But if you really feel like a show just can't be simplistic with its setting, then I guess this might not be for you.

Maybe Non Non Biyori will suit your tastes better.

Maybe Non Non Biyori will suit your tastes better.

I've already watched. And it really does. I loved it. 10/10

I think you don't understand the power of cute girls and gags

Kiniro Mosaic girls aren't that cute imo. There isn't any of them that is really moe for me, the closest one would be Aya though.

even if it was set in Englad they'd likely only be at school using the same gags or being outside using the same gags, just with different backgrounds, so I'm not sure what exactly do you require for "cute things" to be entertaining. 

Same gags different backgrounds would be much better. Just looking at those green walls make me sick.

Cute things are cute things. Girls going to the movies, girls having pillow fight, girls making cakes or biscuits, etc. Random talks aren't cute imo. 

After watching 4 episodes of the shows, I came to a conclusion: this show is not for me. I laughed a lot of times, but as some people may already know this means nothing in my enjoyment. If the rest of the show was just like the first episode, I would have liked it more.

With that being said, I'm dropping it for 3 reasons basically:

- Too "average" settings. (Settings mean a lot for me, so... An average high school is really not pleasant)

- Lack of affection for the characters. (I know each episode would make me like the girls even more, but even so, they weren't really great for me)

- Lack of cute things. 

I'm sorry for you guys who like this show, it's just something personal. Kiniro Mosaic didn't really attract me.

I'm sorry for you guys who like this show, it's just something personal. Kiniro Mosaic didn't really attract me.

That's disappointing, but it's hardly anything to get mad at you for. The bane of my existance is Evangelion, Sword Art Online, Elfen Lied, and Ergo Proxy, all of which are incredibly loved and popular. If you are an anime fan you have to get used to wildly differing opinions on the same shows. There is no such thing as a universally loved work of fiction.

Although, I continue to be baffled at your bizarre hatred of anything comedic.

I think I'm missing this show. I just can't stop thinking about it. I wonder if I made the right decision by dropping it. I think it's the magic of the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things genre, it gets you attached to the characters and their friendship, and the more you watch it, the more you like it. I'm rethinking my decision. Maybe I'll watch until the 6th episode to judge it.

• 4 weeks later...

What? You gotta be kidding. First episode it's the only one worth watching imo.

It was just filled with terrible Engrish and wasn't very entertaining imo. Honestly surprised you think that, almost everyone else I've talked to about the show agrees that the first episode is the weakest. I guess we just have different things we value in anime  :sachi:

It was just filled with terrible Engrish and wasn't very entertaining imo. Honestly surprised you think that, almost everyone else I've talked to about the show agrees that the first episode is the weakest. I guess we just have different things we value in anime :sachi:

That's the best Engrish you can get from a Japanese seiyuu.

And Engrish is fun to hear in it own way, I have no problem with it.