What do you think about "Date A Live"?

GLM4475

LiquidShu-san, I guess we're on the same boat, lacking the ability to read Japanese writings. I'm still learning but still not showing any significant progress.

Hey Tesla-san, he's Shidomi.., ahem I mean she's Shiori. I was shocked the first time I saw that. Didn't think he's such a talented crossdresser.

Season 2 was a big let down for me. 

yep. that's what happens when this kind of anime tries to be dark.  :sleep:

it still had cute girls with super powers who fought stuff which was good enough for me to continue watching it.

also,kurumi best girl~

What do you mean by being dark?

Despite various opinion on its S2, I'm still hoping for a third season, hope it will come soon.

Go read the LN

I have read some

what I mean to ask is whether being dark means spirits reversion (for example like Tohka's case on its S2) or some other meanings.

I have read some

what I mean to ask is whether being dark means spirits reversion (for example like Tohka's case on its S2) or some other meanings.

Imagine eating good food for most of your life and then suddenly one day someone comes and gives you crap... how would you feel?

If you don't know Japanese a Vita is really only for indie games and some random (ports of) JRPGs. However, if you know Japanese and are a VN fan a Vita is a must-have. It is the go-to system for tons of amazing exclusive all-ages VN ports and even some real exclusive titles only available on the Vita.

But yeah, day one purchase for me. The 2 Date a Live games for the PS3 got rave reviews here in Japan so I've been meaning to try them out, and now that they're coming to Vita (and in a single game) I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I remember reading the LN few years ago. It didn't leave that good impression on me, but at least the Swedish lessons I spent reading date a live were way more enjoyable than normal.

I can hardly remember anything about it though. 

Good job. I spent most of my biology lessons playing KonoSora :D

I was going to read the LNs but then I got back into VNs so I still haven't read them

Getsuya-sensei, teach me Japanese and buy me a Vita please, (put my humblest and most self deprecating pose).

Oh nowadays student, playing game when teacher give his lecture. I prefer sleeping.

I don't know anything about this anime but I do know that the Vita is soon getting a 2-in-1 port of both Date a Live games with a bonus side scenario added in exclusive to the Vita version.

Afaik it's not a direct 2-in-1 port of the two prequels - it just gives you the choice of reading through a super condensed version of the two games when you first start up before moving onto the Rio Reincarnation chapter.

Afaik it's not a direct 2-in-1 port of the two prequels - it just gives you the choice of reading through a super condensed version of the two games when you first start up before moving onto the Rio Reincarnation chapter.

Nah, the official website literally says both PS3 games are united in a single soft, with all CG and events, along with new added stuff. The new story they made for the Vita game is just an after-story. This is actually becoming really common on the Vita; with the VN ports being compilations of 2 or 3 games.

Getsuya-sensei, teach me Japanese and buy me a Vita please, (put my humblest and most self deprecating pose).

Oh nowadays student, playing game when teacher give his lecture. I prefer sleeping.

Of course of course. It'll just cost you your soul. Muhaha.

http://www.compileheart.com/date/vita/system/

The digest version is an option people who want to skip right to the third game can select so they don't have to play through both previous games to unlock it. However it is mentioned separately from the parts where they talk about the two PS3 games being united, and in fact under the blurb about the digest thing there is small text that says 'For new players we recommend only playing the new content after clearing the content from the other two games'.

Where are you getting your information? Even ignoring the Japanese homepage for the game, every English news site I've found has always said that this is a port of both PS3 games with a new route added. The only one that doesn't is the Date a Live Wiki, which mentions the Digest bit but never says that the Digest is the only way in which the first two games will be presented.

Kurumi is by far one of the best characters in that show and I really advice you watch the OVA with her if you haven't already because she was just shining in it.

She's outside the scope of the other submissive heroines, she's not a random tsundere that can't get her feelings straight, I really love her assertive atitude and I think that's what makes her one of the better heroines in Date A Live.

Assertive heroines going dere = Win

So I get that she is the character who clearly is the most together in terms of her feelings, and is assertive, but can someone explain to me how 

I want to kill you to make all my problems go away

is dere?  I've read up until the most recent translated volume, which is 11, so I don't think that one major character flaw has been resolved yet.  Anyway, I guess that answers my question about why people apparently like her so much.  My only response is what happened to Mana and Origami?  

About the anime? I can't say, I never watched it.  Most shows like this typically play far too much fanservice insert scenes for my taste, so I just stuck to the books.

http://www.compileheart.com/date/vita/system/

The digest version is an option people who want to skip right to the third game can select so they don't have to play through both previous games to unlock it. However it is mentioned separately from the parts where they talk about the two PS3 games being united, and in fact under the blurb about the digest thing there is small text that says 'For new players we recommend only playing the new content after clearing the content from the other two games'.

Where are you getting your information? Even ignoring the Japanese homepage for the game, every English news site I've found has always said that this is a port of both PS3 games with a new route added. The only one that doesn't is the Date a Live Wiki, which mentions the Digest bit but never says that the Digest is the only way in which the first two games will be presented.

I guess I'll be only a bystander till I get myself a VITA & PS3.

So I get that she is the character who clearly is the most together in terms of her feelings, and is assertive, but can someone explain to me how 

I want to kill you to make all my problems go away

is dere?  I've read up until the most recent translated volume, which is 11, so I don't think that one major character flaw has been resolved yet.  Anyway, I guess that answers my question about why people apparently like her so much.  My only response is what happened to Mana and Origami?  

About the anime? I can't say, I never watched it.  Most shows like this typically play far too much fanservice insert scenes for my taste, so I just stuck to the books.

Ah I see, I know your feeling, but sometimes there are tidbits of details you can get from an anime which is hard to tell by books/manga.

About mana and origami, this is only my own opinion but mainly it's because:

1. Mana didn't get enough roles and apperances

2. Origami is just too weird.