What do you think about "Date A Live"?

GLM4475

Watched the first Season dont remember much of it just

her and her story and thats a bad sign 

10zbl3s.png

and then i started the second season but watched not longer then the first episode to the point where the main protagonist says something like :

i will protect her 

and then i quit the entire series because the harem thing is already annoying as hell also the story and the cliche 

main character was the thing that made me dislike Date a live

Watched the first Season dont remember much of it just

her and her story and thats a bad sign 

and then i started the second season but watched not longer then the first episode to the point where the main protagonist says something like :

i will protect her 

and then i quit the entire series because the harem thing is already annoying as hell also the story and the cliche 

main character was the thing that made me dislike Date a live

So you don't like harem-type anime, eh? And what don't you like about Shido?

Basically a harem, but, admit it. The characters are just too adorable to not notice! Yoshino, I think, is the #1 gal for me in this anime. (Originally, it was Kurumi but...)

Make up your mind!

he's just not very interesting and i dislike cliche character in general

there isn't more to it  but its enough for me to dislike him :unsure:

I see, anti-mainstream, eh? A bit of difference then. Personally I like cliched nice/caring/humble type protagonist.

i always got the feeling they didn't put a lot of effort in it 

even i know that's not the case ... sometimes

The point is not the laziness of the story creator. It's just that a story should have a moral lesson. When a protagonist have a quite decent personality, I guess it's easier to tell some moral lessons. Not only that, people tend to mimick/imitate their favourite character.

The point is not the laziness of the story creator. It's just that a story should have a moral lesson. When a protagonist have a quite decent personality, I guess it's easier to tell some moral lessons. Not only that, people tend to mimick/imitate their favourite character.

Why the hell should a story have a moral lesson. This isn't a fairy tale, this is created for entertainment, so why does there need to be a moral lesson?  Trying to impose something upon the consumer is downright silly, you would want to reinforce how they already feel or challenge them on their grounds, not teach them.  

Anyways, this series is meant to be a power fantasy, appealing to the average male's libido for a loyal harem.  If you really wanted to try and make a moral lesson out of this, it would completely destroy that power fantasy of "I can do anything".

You've just gave me the biggest laugh of the day, sorry if its mean, but its true.

Why the hell should a story have a moral lesson. This isn't a fairy tale, this is created for entertainment, so why does there need to be a moral lesson?  Trying to impose something upon the consumer is downright silly, you would want to reinforce how they already feel or challenge them on their grounds, not teach them.  

Anyways, this series is meant to be a power fantasy, appealing to the average male's libido for a loyal harem.  If you really wanted to try and make a moral lesson out of this, it would completely destroy that power fantasy of "I can do anything".

You've just gave me the biggest laugh of the day, sorry if its mean, but its true.

Hey, maybe some of stories DOES NOT have any moral lessons, and a creator sure have a right to create a story like what he want. But, a moral lesson is not always explicitly be spoken or told in the story. You could learn them from how the characters act, their habbits/attitudes, and so on.

Surely Date A Live is not a fairy tale which tell us all sorts of lessons, and yeah, some of the watcher just care for its "harem", but in its own way, it still has some moral lessons (like caring people around you, be brave in the face of danger, protect those important to you, and so on).

• 2 weeks later...

Date a Live is one of those anime that I like and don't know why I guess its because of the characters every character is interesting(especially Kotori and Kurumi) except for the useless protagonist but its nice that they made him less useless in the second season.

Date a Live is one of those anime that I like and don't know why I guess its because of the characters every character is interesting(especially Kotori and Kurumi) except for the useless protagonist but its nice that they made him less useless in the second season.

So shido is useless in your eyes, huh?

So shido is useless in your eyes, huh?

Well not entirely useless because he does his job well but in season 1 when it came to fighting he was useless, I really liked that in Season 2 he was helping to fight. He's not a bad character but he could have been a lot better.

S2 wasn't that good...

Miku's arc was not very engaging and they played off her lust for power too easily.

Kotori best girl... Something about that split personality + tsundere + OP POWAR just attracts me to her....   Especially that confidence 

in spirit mode where she goes beserk