What anime this season that is a must watch for you and why

Highschool DxD BorN for plot and for the plot  ;)

:makina:

Yes, DxD is glorious, however I have to wonder about the pacing and all the changes that come with it. 

HMN, you aren't being honest.

Uhhh to be fair, this is the season where the plot of DxD is getting set in motion, with Norse mythology coming in to play and finally seeing other mythologies roles besides what is considerably Christian to this point.

Oh, so Danmachi is a harem anime, huh? I don't get the harem feeling even though I've watch its 5 episodes. Maybe I'll drop it, I don't want to be the same rank with those Hestia lovers.

Yes, DanMachi is a harem, and I still can't believe how many people try to ignore it.  You're just one more uninformed victim of all the listing sites failing to do proper research.  I mean, the show is called "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"; note the plural, clearly even in the name it is going to devolve into a harem.  People jumped SAO's shit immediately for it having multiple females who are friends with the OP MC, so its a harem.  Yet all it takes is a weak, but driven MC, and its not a harem now?

I will say though, if you're going to drop it to be anti-mainsteam, I'm going to have to officially ignore any and all unsubstantiated opinions from now on for trying to be hipster.  People liked SAO at first, and now its fun to hate on it.  Don't change your opinion of a show because of what the masses do, otherwise you may as well just be another number.

shokugeki no soma,jojo's bizarre adventure, kuroko's basketball, and danmachi, because i'm a chuunibyou, but i'm tired of the recycled element of humans fighting humans with superpowers that is prominent in the big three and the majority of shounen. Danmachi gets a pass because of it's unique world where life is literally a role-playing game, also because barefoot oppai loli.  If it turns out they're all in a simulation and the gods are programs or something like that i'm going to be super pissed.  And JoJo always gets a pass, because it's fucking JoJo.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, DxD is glorious, however I have to wonder about the pacing and all the changes that come with it. 

Uhhh to be fair, this is the season where the plot of DxD is getting set in motion, with Norse mythology coming in to play and finally seeing other mythologies roles besides what is considerably Christian to this point.

Yes, DanMachi is a harem, and I still can't believe how many people try to ignore it.  You're just one more uninformed victim of all the listing sites failing to do proper research.  I mean, the show is called "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"; note the plural, clearly even in the name it is going to devolve into a harem.  People jumped SAO's shit immediately for it having multiple females who are friends with the OP MC, so its a harem.  Yet all it takes is a weak, but driven MC, and its not a harem now?

I will say though, if you're going to drop it to be anti-mainsteam, I'm going to have to officially ignore any and all unsubstantiated opinions from now on for trying to be hipster.  People liked SAO at first, and now its fun to hate on it.  Don't change your opinion of a show because of what the masses do, otherwise you may as well just be another number.

Hmmm, I guess I'll try to take a peek at DxD. And surely you have a point there, I shouldn't change my opinion just bacause of the masses'.

shokugeki no soma,jojo's bizarre adventure, kuroko's basketball, and danmachi, because i'm a chuunibyou, but i'm tired of the recycled element of humans fighting humans with superpowers that is prominent in the big three and the majority of shounen. Danmachi gets a pass because of it's unique world where life is literally a role-playing game, also because barefoot oppai loli.  If it turns out they're all in a simulation and the gods are programs or something like that i'm going to be super pissed.  And JoJo always gets a pass, because it's fucking JoJo.

I guess you like Action genre because you're chuunibyou then.

I am both shocked, puzzled and ashamed that nobody has mentioned PUNCHLINE yet.  Already starts of quite good and it's only getting more amazing with each episode.  Don't let the pantsu fool you!  It's written by the same guy as Ever17!  Stop ignoring it!  Q_Q  Though I can't say much without spoiling, so I'll just leave it at that.

Other than that, I'll admit I'm in the DanMachi tribe as well - though the elf/supporter girl are leagues above Hesita for me personally.  Mostly because I have a minor elf fetish and the supporter reminds me slightly of my waifu.

That said, DanMachi is quite a well-executed show.  Sure it's campy action/comedy with a harem that doesn't take itself seriously most of the time, but the promises for that are set up perfectly right from the outset - something that already far exceeds SAO on that subject in particular, making it stronger even if they're more or less the same once you dig into the details.  It knows what it does and does it beautifully - to the point of the moments when it wants to try and hit you in the gut becoming stronger than normal as a result of that contrast with the ultra-comedy/slight-fanservice tone it takes as a norm.  The action scenes feel quite well-done to me as well.

DanMachi is quite a decent work, my only complaint so far is that the protagonist's main reason to become stronger. If someday he exceeds her, then will he give up on becoming stronger?

Nope that guy is an idiot who will fall for Hestia's boobs sooner or later

Ore Monogatari, because I have to applaud it for breaking several romcom cliche's. Assassination Classroom because it's really interesting, and as long as it follows the manga it might be one of the best series this year imo. And Kekkai Sensen, because it has a godly OST, interesting characters, nice action, great animation, the whole shabang. The only thing I worry about is them not being able to cover everything in 4-5 more episodes, since there is quite a bit that hasn't been explained, but if it does somehow pull it off in that time or gets another season, I will have no problems with this show. 

DanMachi is quite a decent work, my only complaint so far is that the protagonist's main reason to become stronger. If someday he exceeds her, then will he give up on becoming stronger?

You mean "Hestia: The Animation"?

While Plastic Memories is currently all over the place with its story I still think it has the potential to be one of this year's best shows.

So far, the feels it has given me are very real but I wonder if they will be able to keep it up. Isla is totally adorable too.

• 2 weeks later...