Fuwa? What happened?

Tay has been hard at work behind the scenes.  If things pan out, Fuwanovel is in for some nice surprises.

Oh yes, hype them up more. Like there's not enough complaints about the slowness of things.

Tay the God King has a nice ring to it.  What say you?

But yeah, we need more admins.  Tay can't do it all himself, and Nayleen is pretty inactive, or at least works mostly behind the scenes.  I have absolutely no idea who admin or Checkmate are.

That's a terrible thing to say. As you presumed, he just does behind the scenes works. And recently he has been somewhat busy as well. 

As for admin, I think it's probably some kind of dummy account that was created with the forums. 

And Checkmate would be the host of the old server (or something to that effect).

To be clear, the only admin of the site is Tay.

Nayleen has admin status because he needs full access to the admin panel and Checkmate is still admin because... idk probably as a honorary position considering him being our former host but he's never been involved with the administration of fuwanovel.

I'm not sure what you guys are waiting for besides the front side (which is indeed going slowly but we can't do much about that). Moon is running and it's fairly successful, the blogs feature is a thing that keeps being used, including the highlight team, the blog is running although not at full capacity, the social media are working... and our PR is expanding behind the scenes and there could indeed be some announcements soon regarding that.

Tay has been hard at work behind the scenes.  If things pan out, Fuwanovel is in for some nice surprises.

The surprises will only appear when Fuwa is dead at this rate.

This thread was to alert people to:

1. How inactive the admin/LC/mods are when it comes to projects for Fuwa and when it comes to moderation, they're a bit more lenient to approve then to disapprove when the hype is high. Oh and how small the admin team is and why it needs to be bigger

2 Is about how the community is acting and how it's less about VN and more about Trash. (But this is only the secondary point)

I feel I have succeeded with this.  

That's a terrible thing to say. As you presumed, he just does behind the scenes works. And recently he has been somewhat busy as well. 

As for admin, I think it's probably some kind of dummy account that was created with the forums. 

And Checkmate would be the host of the old server (or something to that effect).

Sorry, I meant "inactive" as in "doesn't discuss what he's doing on the forums a lot".  I didn't mean to imply that he was lazy.

To be clear, the only admin of the site is Tay.

Nayleen has admin status because he needs full access to the admin panel and Checkmate is still admin because... idk probably as a honorary position considering him being our former host but he's never been involved with the administration of fuwanovel.

I'm not sure what you guys are waiting for besides the front side (which is indeed going slowly but we can't do much about that). Moon is running and it's fairly successful, the blogs feature is a thing that keeps being used, including the highlight team, the blog is running although not at full capacity, the social media are working... and our PR is expanding behind the scenes and there could indeed be some announcements soon regarding that.

The problem is that Tay needs to remain the one who makes the decisions, but not be the one who carries out the decisions. This has been in effect for a long time, to a certain extent with the moderators on Fuwanovel. I don't see how people can really complain about the front site. Since the torrents have been taken down, the format that we in place isn't really useful anymore. Its being worked on, not fucking every hour of every day, but it is being worked on.

We used to have a structure when aaeru was here and when she left.. It just seemed to of slipped away   :ph34r:

So as you can see, there is a structure in place. But with all the changes that have been happening since the start of the year you can't really expect everything to go according to plan every time. So you say there are problems with the LC. That's not really an issue since we can always, you know, change it.

The surprises will only appear when Fuwa is dead at this rate.

I think you need to be more optimistic. Maybe you should take a break from Fuwanovel, rather than downing on how Fuwanovel is going to die. In fact, Fuwanovel is going nowhere but up. Despite slow changes, there has been a lot of recognition on other sites, and that has brought the Fuwanovel name out from the shadows, in my eyes that's progress enough.

1. How inactive the admin/LC/mods are when it comes to projects for Fuwa and when it comes to moderation, they're a bit more lenient to approve then to disapprove when the hype is high. Oh and how small the admin team is and why it needs to be bigger

LC projects aside, see this post of Tay's. http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/9803-community-updates-42515-including-new-theme/?p=271491

TL;DR things are going on behind the scenes on Tay's end, and as Down said, other than the Front Site update there's not really much to complain about regarding Fuwa's 'inactivity'. It's one of those things where people are like 'Rawr, why aren't things happening?!@' but like, what do you want to happen?  :P

The problem is that Tay needs to remain the one who makes the decisions, but not be the one who carries out the decisions. This has been in effect for a long time, to a certain extent with the moderators on Fuwanovel. I don't see how people can really complain about the front site. Since the torrents have been taken down, the format that we in place isn't really useful anymore. Its being worked on, not fucking every hour of every day, but it is being worked on.

So as you can see, there is a structure in place. But with all the changes that have been happening since the start of the year you can't really expect everything to go according to plan every time. So you say there are problems with the LC. That's not really an issue since we can always, you know, change it.

I think you need to be more optimistic. Maybe you should take a break from Fuwanovel, rather than downing on how Fuwanovel is going to die. In fact, Fuwanovel is going nowhere but up. Despite slow changes, there has been a lot of recognition on other sites, and that has brought the Fuwanovel name out from the shadows, in my eyes that's progress enough.

The system got dismantled ages ago the whole system is a wreck. To be fair I haven't seen anything that is important that has taken place this year. Sure we got the blog shouting out Threads people should look at but it's nothing important. The main site was important because it was going to have an overhaul of features (mentors for VN Newcomers for example) because we disabled the use of torrents but that apart of the LC seems to of burned out and some people lost interest. It's most likely the same on other LC threads, it's been said here. "Nothing is happening there"

And nothing be optimistic about it if Tay burns himself out because he's handling the work all on his own. Plus he's also busy with his own needs which is why we need an expanded admin group.

Read every post so far and it seems multiple people are referring to events that happened today. Would it be by any chance Ren's video earlier? Seeing as he made an apology thread I am assuming it is that. 

Anyways, I have been here for almost a year now and I would say I joined right before it boomed. My opinion doesn't have any authority behind it, but with the increase of new members more "shit" topics are being created, yes? Some members seem to have read numerous vn's and are more knowledgeable about them and the industry, but others, well, aren't. If I remember there was some sort of peer program where experienced individuals would teach less experienced ones, but I haven't seen anything about that recently. For me, I don't really post too much in the visual novel forums since I really don't know anything about how the industry works, what companies do what, what artists do what, and what makes a visual novel good when being looked at from a more critical perspective. I read them for fun and I would definitely enjoy learning more about all of the inner workings surrounding them. A few barriers are hardish to overcome though:

1) Learning Japanese. Now I really want to do this and plan to take classes over the summer to do so, but not everyone will do this thus it will be harder to really learn anything when it's all written in Japanese.

and

2) It doesn't seem like old members are really engaging with the new ones and vice versa to try to help build knowledge and understanding between them.

These are just my two cents on what's going on right now (not really sure if anything is even really going on). Sorry if this post seems ignorant, that would be because it is on my part.

Read every post so far and it seems multiple people are referring to events that happened today. Would it be by any chance Ren's video earlier? Seeing as he made an apology thread I am assuming it is that. 

Didn't make this thread about him. 

Read every post so far and it seems multiple people are referring to events that happened toIt doesn't seem like old members are really engaging with the new ones and vice versa to try to help build knowledge and understanding between them.

I feel like new members are truly daunted by the fact that we have some serious VN lords around. It may make people feel like they can't measure up, which causes a divide between the experienced members and the new members. But that's just my speculation 

To be fair I haven't seen anything that is important that has taken place this year.

Lewy plz. The torrents going down and everything that went with it was something like three months ago. If that's not important I don't know what is.

A bunch of minor and less minor things have also taken place since then. Third time I mention Moon being a pretty significant thing. The facebook wasn't in a good shape either a few months ago, now it's running smoothly. We got a new home for fuwareviews with plenty of feeds to external reviewers and user-submitted reviews.

Seriously, I don't know anymore why you're ringing a bell here. The front site is literally the only thing that's being bottlenecked right now (aside from the slowness of the reviews but eh)

The facebook wasn't in a good shape either a few months ago, now it's running smoothly. We got a new home for fuwareviews with plenty of feeds to external reviewers and user-submitted reviews.

Seriously, I don't know anymore why you're ringing a bell here. The front site is literally the only thing that's being bottlenecked right now (aside from the slowness of the reviews but eh)

WgMGg8I.gif

Muh data says otherwise on facebook

And I don't consider reviews a key aspect of Fuwanovel. Its more of a side project for the place imo

OK I don't know if I should say this since some stuff are better left unspoken but oh well:

Basically Ren made his butts thread followed by 3 or 4 weird threads be it the male oppai vs female oppai or the dick thread

In addition to that, there was a similar incident not so long ago (less than a week ago) , there were some meaningless threads made too , one that made a small problem which was the arab trolling thread. 

Just blame F.S.G. and ts3.fuwanovel :sachi:

even thou they have already apologized one way or another in this post. And probably they shouldn't make any more problems. why the hell am I talking as if I have nothing to do with either of them? 

Chiil yo. Making things worse with the attitude. Lewy already said his post had nothing to do with you, and he made it clear to me while bugging me on skype that it really has nothing to do with you. 

All those updates are good and all, but all of them are common knowledge. The problem is, we got promises of great things to come, but have sort of been in a status quo for one reason or another (waiting for various permissions from people, waiting for coders to pop back up, waiting for this and that) 

Or when the whole unban run shitstorm unfolded?

Oh God, the memories.

Stahp

Plz stahp

On a more serious note though, yes this state is nothing new really. Lewy's frustration isn't something new, it's a cycle I have seen and have been a part of multiple times. What can I say? As far as updates go, patience is a virtue... And I can't really say anything more to that.

But I do know the core reason for the frustration... It's the lack of "non-shitty" posts and threads, and less the increase of shitty ones. With the number of members increasing, the increase in trolly threads is natural. But what is unnatural is that "meaningful non-shitty" posts have remained in their modest number, if anything they might have even been decreasing. What's the reason for this? I have no idea, I'm not Fuwa.

I myself, however, have not posted much in that forum (I think last I did was in the unpopular opinions thread, the last interesting thread over there I can think of). And the real reason for that... Is that I simply discuss what I want to discuss with my close friends on Skype, and am satisfied with just that. Recently we did a Rewrite podcast, that won't be out for quite some time due to technical difficulties I'm afraid (yes, I have a crappy microphone).

But yeah, that's my personal reason. Why did I share it? I guess I want to hear what others have to say or something.... 

So, final word I guess: For those who want change, start making it. The VN section is dead? Go make that thread you've always wanted to make. If you have nothing to contribute, then in what place are you to criticize...? That's the only way non-shitty threads will appear, If people start making them.

Dearest Lewy, I'm writing a response to you as we speak. My response here is going to be more off-the-cuff, and I'll post a more thorough response to these and other concerns tomorrow in the community board.

In the meantime... just gotta say that there's nothing like a good ole Fuwa identity crisis to get the blood pumping on a Saturday night : P