Fuwa? What happened?

When I opened up zis topic, my immediate reaction was "Man Lewy, not you too. Did you turn into Maef or something?" except slightly less eloquent. The talk of sexism is practically the only thing new and interesting to me (and not really new, just something I haven't seen in a thread before).

Well, the LC is dead more or less. Also, in some ways the LC was set up specifically to make mods not have to do anything but make moderation decisions whilst people responsible for other parts would take responsibility for those. It would be weird if the mods were to be expected to dip their noses into everything now, lol.

Anyway: In most if not all cases of things not happening very fast on Fuwa, the cause is that the people involved are too lazy or busy to work on it.

I'm not trying to raise a banner and create a rebel army :P I'm just making people aware of how Fuwa is recently and also to remind people we have projects we should go back to for the good of the community.... And to also get a more supporting admin team...

The way it's going I doubt there will be a fuwa. Nothing will keep people interested and they'll move onto the next community.

But I'm not just talking how toxic people are lately. I'm also talking about how inactive projects are and how tay is trying to be a one man army. 

We need a stable Admin group who always has someone who is active and keen to help and keep projects alive.

I don't understand what you mean by "projects". If you were talking about translation projects the way I understood it, was that fuwanovel only promoted translation projects and supplied a place for mutual discussion on said project. I didn't think they were directly involved with the translation groups. Though I am a new member so I don't know much about how things worked in the past.

I don't understand what you mean by "projects". If you were talking about translation projects the way I understood it, was that fuwanovel only promoted translation projects and supplied a place for mutual discussion on said project. I didn't think they were directly involved with the translation groups. Though I am a new member so I don't know much about how things worked in the past.

Erm.. Are you aware of the Development Board?

Erm.. Are you aware of the Development Board?

I don't think Fuwa can really influence what goes on translation projects. At the end of the day it's up to the team itself to make progress.

Unless you mean to supply TL groups with recruits??

Or create discussions surrounding the translation project that would make people join??

I'm quite confused by what is it that you'd like the Fuwa admin team to do to support the projects.

As for why projects are less active, I would think it's simply because of the time of year. I think most of the people here are age 15-25, I assume plenty people are busy with exams and such. In any case, I don't think it's something to worry about just yet... there'll always be periods where more things happen and periods where relatively little is going on, such as now.

As for why projects are less active, I would think it's simply because of the time of year. I think most of the people here are age 15-25, I assume plenty people are busy with exams and such. In any case, I don't think it's something to worry about just yet... there'll always be periods where more things happen and periods where relatively little is going on, such as now.

Nah the lack of commitment and and activity on the LC has been around since it was created. It's just been left to sit there. 

I don't think Fuwa can really influence what goes on translation projects. At the end of the day it's up to the team itself to make progress.

Unless you mean to supply TL groups with recruits??

Or create discussions surrounding the translation project that would make people join??

I'm quite confused by what is it that you'd like the Fuwa admin team to do to support the projects.

I'm talking about the LC if you was confused. Sorry :)

Tells everybody to go to DevBoards instead of just saying 'I'm talking about LC which is a forum only LC members can see' ;p

Sorry I pointed to the wrong board. I'm tired x'D

Here is the thread explaining the Teams

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/7975-the-fuwadirectory/

Here is the thread explaining the LC

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/8141-announcement-leadership-changes-site-council/

Sorry again everyone

As a project lead myself I can attest to what Jptje has said. Productivity fluctuates, you can't expect people (especially people who are pretty much volunteers) to be working like a machine on fan translating. Just because there isn't much happening right now doesn't mean that there a bunch of "inactive projects". You really have to be directly involved with fan translating to understand how things work.

It seems like people are already forgetting about Majikoi  :shrug:

Edit: Clarification has been made, but my point still stands. 

You do have access to the LC, sure you're not apart of the projects but you are able and can willingly join and motivation the people who are. You are really undermining the power you mods have... 

Feel like the LC is dead at the moment... And I would really like if tay expanded his group and stopped acting like a one man army. I'm sorry but he can't do everything on his own. He needs help, otherwise we're just going to have the same thread 5 months later

Just so you know, Lewy, I can't see the LC.  I remember seeing it at one time, but I don't seem to have access to it anymore.  Not every mod has access to the LC.

It seems like people are already forgetting about Majikoi  :shrug:

I'm not  :/

Oh but yeah I'll agree with Lewy then that the LC should start being alot more... idk, communicative in their activities? 

Ever since Tay announced them 5 months ago we got absolutely no word or updates from them whatsoever which I will assume is due to everybody being busy

Oh but yeah I'll agree with Lewy then that the LC should start being alot more... idk, communicative in their activities? 

Ever since Tay announced them a couple of months ago we got absolutely no word or updates from them whatsoever which I will assume is due to everybody being busy

It's because Tay is only one man. He can't do everything on his own. We need an expanded admin who always has someone active. 

We might as well just rename Tay King or God or something and then turn one or two global mods into admins. My vote is with Tiago. 

Tay the God King has a nice ring to it.  What say you?

But yeah, we need more admins.  Tay can't do it all himself, and Nayleen is pretty inactive, or at least works mostly behind the scenes.  I have absolutely no idea who admin or Checkmate are.

We might as well just rename Tay King or God or something and then turn one or two global mods into admins. My vote is with Tiago. 

We used to have a structure when aaeru was here and when she left.. It just seemed to of slipped away  :ph34r: