Got some ideas for making my own stories, need help!

GLM4475

Hello guys! I've been considering myself to create my own (little) VN and I have some scenarios already. But I have no talent in drawing and I don't know what engine should I use which should be beginner-friendly. Any help would be appreciated.

Ren'py is one of the most common, with a ridiculous amount of available resources.  About half of all VNs in Japan are made using Kirikiri (or a variation on it).  Ask around, there are a lot of resources available, though nothing like RPGmaker VX Ace for role-playing games.

For art... you'll just have to convince or hire someone.

Hmm, I know Ren'Py and RPGmaker, they are indeed simple and beginner-friendly. Maybe I'll try to make my stories with them. I need an ilustrator help nevertheless.

About the Tyrano, is it as good as it says? I have never tried using it.

Hmm, I know Ren'Py and RPGmaker, they are indeed simple and beginner-friendly. Maybe I'll try to make my stories with them. I need an ilustrator help nevertheless.

About the Tyrano, is it as good as it says? I have never tried using it.

the only thing it can do is build a simple VN, that means no battle system, no dating sim, and no map system. Tyrano can be customized but you need to learn javascript which many few VN creators even use.

I'm currently making two rpgs... one a horror-comedy about loli-Clephas, and another one a classic 'hero from another world' story with a darker twist.  The problem is I have no artistic skills, so I'm reliant on existing resources...

Artists are a much harder find than writers or programmers... when it comes down to it.  What's really funny is that decent writers almost never become game-makers, lol.

One thing I feel like I should point out is that it's very easy to underestimate the effort that goes into writing.  It's just as difficult as the other areas, only that we use language so often that it's easy to get something 'readable.'

http://www.writingexcuses.com/

For starters, here's a place I tend to use often.  Look for guidance, try to grasp things.  Everything starts at the beginning.  Grab a word document or something of similar description, and get some words on a page.  Show it off see how people respond, then do it again.  Repeat the process, stronger each time.  Like the pounding of a hammer over ten-thousand years.  Again and again, until the spark has been revealed.

Basically, just write something.  Find a story, no matter what it is, and try to craft it into the text.  Get people to read it, use their feedback, then do it again.  Eventually by the time you get the VN project started, you'll have the experience to make it something strong.

Good luck :P

So Tyrano is simple but missing some features, firecat-san? 

Thanks for the tips and advices, Clephas-san, Zodai-san.

Yeah, I'll upload my ideas here then asking for opinions then.

I think that when the story is really good you don't actually need to rely on the graphic part, the perfect example is narcissu.

However you need good music, even when the vn is amazing, for example swan song if you don't follow the story and the atmosphere of the scene with some good music it doesn't work, you are kinda pulled away from what is happening if there is no music that goes along with it or if the music is bad.

Well as far as I tried once , this is what I can say. Artists for graphic (illustrators) re very hard to find but u can just do some sprites although they probably will be crappy. As for backgrounds idk tbh, tbey will probably be crappy if you just do it yourself but it's still possible although it is timr-consuming. As far as music artists go, thdy are even more rare than illustrators but they can be found. Also u can just go and take some pieces from composers on things like sound cloud who are ok with it as long as u put their names in the credits or give them money. Hell u can even hire one of them. Writing is hard since u will probably think that u have good scenarios but when changed into written form , they can't be conveyed/ become crappy/boring and tbh vns are a about writing. As for programming, it's not a hard problem cuz of stuffz like renpy.

One thing I feel like I should point out is that it's very easy to underestimate the effort that goes into writing.  It's just as difficult as the other areas, only that we use language so often that it's easy to get something 'readable.'

can't agree more. When I went around recruiting people, I got myself like 10 writers applicationd , 5 programmers applications and no illustrators or musicians. It's as if suddenly eveyone can write a story and eveyone can write codes.

P.S: most of those who gave in their applications sucked at doing their parts and were unmotivated easily.

TBH I just got bored and unmotivated myself and left the whole thing.