Should I wait for YU-NO 2015 (..fan TL for 2017?) or play the original?

Onodera Punpun

I just don't know. 

It's funny you know, usually I don't get too hyped with a visual novel but after playing the first seconds of YU-NO... omg, it's just beautiful.

So I was going to check some info of the game  on vndb and....  https://vndb.org/v16546

SAY WHAT. I MEAN IT'S WONDERFUL NEWS AND ALL BUT... BUT.. MY HIPEEEE   :conspiracy:

Watch it'll be a console exclusive just to make us suffer, even if it is not, it will take a very long time for the vn to be translated so you should probably just go ahead and read the original.

Although the awkward.... eh, gameplay?, interface?, not really sure what to call that orb stuff, makes a strong case to wait untill than.

YU-NO is my favourite game of all time, even the music captivated me and I spent a whole march break playing through it just 2 months ago.

I say play the original~ and make sure you got the voice acting working!

The game literally made me change my perspective in life, like the feeling you get after finishing a very good book! :D

I just don't know. 

It's funny you know, usually I don't get too hyped with a visual novel but after playing the first seconds of YU-NO... omg, it's just beautiful.

So I was going to check some info of the game  on vndb and....  https://vndb.org/v16546

SAY WHAT. I MEAN IT'S WONDERFUL NEWS AND ALL BUT... BUT.. MY HIPEEEE   :conspiracy:

Play the original, ditch the remake. Modern remakes of old games, especially all-time classics make me cringe. Why remake something which was and still remains seemingly perfect? Aside from money milking promises, it often reeks of complete lack of respect towards the original and it's creators. I have to admit what little has been shown looks decent (promising, perhaps?), but I simply can't do anything than shake my head to see even the old-time japanese eroge studios jump onto the global remake bandwagon.

just play the original, damn it.
also as the remake is likely to happen for console only, so in that case there wont be any h-scenes, ergo no rape & nudity.
& yeah I KNOW that the mentioned scenes are NOT fappable, BUT i liked especially scenes like the one with the school nurse

naked under the bed & the chakalaka in the locker

though i´ve been pretty happy when the game was announced, i somehow fear that its going to loose all its charm & ends up beeing a superclean - soulless thing.

edit: age has nothing to do with quality. good is good Or other way round
        sure, lacking the skip function is ultra meh, but.....

why would you even want to wait until 2017? if that's even a real date...

come on dude enjoy the day your are actually living! Read the novel now and if by any chance the re-make is out by 2017 read it again but dont wait to do something you like for the future...

for those who are already pessimistic with the remake,let me clarify some stuff:

-there's no release date yet.And it indeed may take a long time.

-they haven't said the systems they will be releasing it for yet

-the remake will be handled by .5bp and they don't work with eroge,so there will be no h-scenes,that's for sure.But hey,it's the same company that did Steins Gate,a series that also handled time/dimensions travelling and is hugely praised by everyone.Sure,two of the main guys that made Yu-No the masterpiece it is(the composer and the writer)have passed away,but if the remake will be handled by the Steins Gate people,then they will be in good hands.

Well, YU-NO's h-scenes were nothing special, but more than that the ecchi in the CGs was extremely out of place. Practically every single CG had a panty shot or excessive cleavage or something else suggestive going on. There could be some really serious conversation going on between two characters, and the CG would be this super low-angle shot just to get an upskirt, it kind of breaks the mood they try to establish. At least by making it all-ages, that's the kind of thing that will be improved.

for those who are already pessimistic with the remake,let me clarify some stuff:

-there's no release date yet.And it indeed may take a long time.

-they haven't said the systems they will be releasing it for yet

-the remake will be handled by .5bp and they don't work with eroge,so there will be no h-scenes,that's for sure.But hey,it's the same company that did Steins Gate,a series that also handled time/dimensions travelling and is hugely praised by everyone.Sure,two of the main guys that made Yu-No the masterpiece it is(the composer and the writer)have passed away,but if the remake will be handled by the Steins Gate people,then they will be in good hands.

I'm pretty sure they slated a 2015 release. Also, just because the same company is working on the project does not mean the same team will. 5pb is one of the larger vn companies, so it is entirely possible that different people will be working on it. In fact the only two people I can find that are working on it ,Makota Asada and Ryo Nagi, had nothing to do with steins;gate.

I'm not saying people should be pessimistic, but I don't think anyone should be optomistic either.

YU-NO is a game I'd totally play again, especially in its remastered form so I can constantly say "I remember that part!" as I play.

I'm afraid how the remake will look like though, hopefully not unintentionally degraded in any way. It'll feel too different if there's too many changes but at the same time, it'll feel like a new awesome experience all over again so I got that to look forward to when it's out.

Note: those short h-scenes are a nice little break from the main plot at times. I played it without knowing there would be any, but it was a nice addition. You don't see those combined with an epic sci-fi story that often~