[Discussion] Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan

eclipsezero

Just one simple rule before we begin discussing the epicness that is Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan:

1. Use spoiler boxes for anything, whether it be from the anime, or the manga.

Also, when mentioning manga material, please specify that, well, it's from the manga so that peeps who haven't read the manga yet can avoid those spoilers :V

And...that's it. I actually haven't yet watched the two episodes out myself, about to start this very minute, will update this post with my thoughts :3

Don't remember much from the manga as I read it a while ago and have not caught up, should be much more fun for me thus <3

EDIT:

Oh god. Just finished both episodes.

THIS IS AMAZING. They captured the atmosphere of the manga perfectly. Those Titans are just as terrifying as in the manga, if not more. Cried quite a bit as well.

Though I did notice some changes, for instance, they changed Mikasa's character art to be a bit more feminine, she wasn't so pretty originally, and her eyes in the manga are also kind of, um, not sure how to describe, foggy and unclear? Here they are bright as hell.

Spoiler mentions a possible minor change between animu and manga:

Story wise, the part where they show Eren's dad with the injection, I remember that happening a bit later, could be wrong though. I also don't remember him telling Eren that he is useless :V

Overall though, bloody amazing so far. EPISODE 3 WHEN?!

EDIT 2:

I forgot to mention the OST.

THIS IS ONE OF THE SINGLE MOST AMAZING THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD. Who the hell is doing the OST?!

Want so bad ;-;

THIS IS ONE OF THE SINGLE MOST AMAZING THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD. Who the hell is doing the OST?!

Sawano is the Music God y'know. Although he mostly does movies/dramas and sometimes games, he also did some anime OST. Most notably Ao no Exorcist and Guilty Crown. He kinda saved the latter from being just shit.

Gonna watch episode 2 then read the rest of your post =p

Sawano is the Music God y'know. Although he mostly does movies/dramas and sometimes games, he also did some anime OST. Most notably Ao no Exorcist and Guilty Crown. He kinda saved the latter from being just shit.

Gonna watch episode 2 then read the rest of your post =p

welp, time to track down everything in existence that this guy created.

I MUST HAVE MORE, MOOOOOOOOORE

@VN-Angel

...why, just...why.

God damn it, I can never look at that scene the same way again ;________________;

Craved this show since it first announced, until then I waited and ditched a lot of anime for this.

BGMs are awesomely made. Somehow it reminded me to Yoko Kanno before someone in the other post tell me it's Sawano's works.

And did someone mention Revo from Sound Horizon does his part on the OP? <3

Either way, I can't wait for that part in the manga to be animated in the anime.

I just can't wait to see the awesomeness from both Mikasa and the other Recon Corps. You just can't accept normalcy here. xD

Just watched episode 4. This was a text I sent to my friend about my thoughts on the show so far. Very smallish spoiler chance.

just kill Eren now and have Sasha be the leader

hell, screw the show

just animate 26 episodes of Sasha eating

Potatos are the best. I'm loving this show. Its making all the other shows I'm watching seem boring.

This is probably the best show of the season. I love the show's OP.

I was kind of puzzled that I saw cannons in the OP, yet personal firearms (such as muskets) are nowhere to be seen. I'd think that a hail of musket fire would be enough to stop even a giant in its tracks.

Muskets are in the opening as well, right after the cannons actually.

I was curious why they'd have the technology for this circus pulley suit setup but not muskets. Looks like the "heavy" armaments weren't deployed on the fringes, and will make an appearance later. I could imagine the circus troupes being used to keep the musket troops from being overrun, and to provide cover while they're reloading.

Just finished ep 4. This show is INCREDIBLE!! I'm really really loving it so far.

I'm dying to find out what happens.. Should I read ahead in the manga, or squash my curiosity and follow the anime each week then read the manga after it's done? I usually prefer to watch the anime first, but if anyone's already read the manga and thinks differently, let me know!