Short Story -- One Line at a Time

Tay

Was feeling a little lonely around the forums lately (tho I'm not one to talk -- I have pre-finals and finals right now), so I thought I'd start a line-by-line story writing thread. Everybody can join in: each person posts a sentence at a time, and over many, many moons, we'll write the next great novel.

If you want to comment as we go along, feel free! But please do so in spoiler tags so that a person reading through the topic on-the-fly will only see the story itself.

=====================

Once upon a time, in the land of Fuwanovel, a hero was born.

It cost a pretty penny to have his armor polished--in fact, a whole savings worth--but it left the hero feeling highly of himself, and the polisher an extremely grateful man, who in a mere three months, would be found on the floor of an extravagant hotel suite, buried in a pile of money and dirty magazines.

Speaking of the worst of times, the hero would need that armor sooner than he expected: a terrorist organization was already planning his assassination, eager to replace him with an exact android duplicate who could translate with astonishing speed from Japanese into a language which bore a vague resemblence to English.

Getting into the palace would be difficult, because the King, by the name of Aaeru the First, would only let nobles and their acquaintances join the buffet, not to mention Supreme General Ryoji and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Tay with the loyal guards would be guarding it.

Changed original text because on second thought it was pretty damn stupid and unfunny. So yeah :V

The old lady merely smiled and walked away, saying something which sounded like "It's because of us that you are able to be arrogant like this these days, it used to be...", at which point, our Hero could hear no more, he thought perhaps something may have happened in the past he was unaware of.