chances of Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de getting a translation?

krill

well this sucks, but frankly wasn't wholly unexpected. also its fine to be a cynical asshole its healthy in a way, but don't force your cynicism on everyone else that goes from being cynical to seeming like someone just looking to make others feel hopeless. i simply asked because its related to majikoi and the series seems to be on a roll from translation groups recently so i figured it was better to ask rather then keep my mouth clamped shut and just assume it would never happen.

well this sucks, but frankly wasn't wholly unexpected. also its fine to be a cynical asshole its healthy in a way, but don't force your cynicism on everyone else that goes from being cynical to seeming like someone just looking to make others feel hopeless. i simply asked because its related to majikoi and the series seems to be on a roll from translation groups recently so i figured it was better to ask rather then keep my mouth clamped shut and just assume it would never happen.

I don't think I said anything about life being hopeless. Life to me is the constant struggle to surivive, meaning that I view the day-to-day trouble in a positive light. If everything is handed to you on a silver plate and there is no problems in your life, you are not alive. You are stagnated, you are not constantly evolving, you are for all intents and purposes dead.

..... and really keeping your mouth shut and just assuming it would never happen is really what you should do. Translating a visual novel is a not a walk in a park, it takes a insane amount of commitment and dedication. Going about saying, "Hey this is vaguely related to the series you translated means you will be working on this too, right?" without any intention of assisting the project is simply childish.

Oh, I'm a forcing my cynical views on you? Do you feel like jumping off a bridge now? I'm sorry, but I just never understood the social norm of sugarcoating what you are really thinking. Shouldn't we be open and honest with our viewpoints, instead of pretending to share the same view?

...... and how the hell is this thread still going? MODS LOCK THIS THING DOWN!!!!

I don't think I said anything about life being hopeless. Life to me is the constant struggle to surivive, meaning that I view the day-to-day trouble in a positive light. If everything is handed to you on a silver plate and there is no problems in your life, you are not alive. You are stagnated, you are not constantly evolving, you are for all intents and purposes dead.

..... and really keeping your mouth shut and just assuming it would never happen is really what you should do. Translating a visual novel is a not a walk in a park, it takes a insane amount of commitment and dedication. Going about saying, "Hey this is vaguely related to the series you translated means you will be working on this too, right?" without any intention of assisting the project is simply childish.

Oh, I'm a forcing my cynical views on you? Do you feel like jumping off a bridge now? I'm sorry, but I just never understood the social norm of sugarcoating what you are really thinking. Shouldn't we be open and honest with our viewpoints, instead of pretending to share the same view?

...... and how the hell is this thread still going? MODS LOCK THIS THING DOWN!!!!

first i never requested anything, did i anywhere say could you translate this for me? no i didn't i asked if there was any chance that while they are working through the franchise as seems to be what the community is doing if this would be on the list of potential projects. secondly im a paranoid schizoaffective disabled father nothing in my life has been easy or handed to me, so could you not just assume since i asked a question that somehow im a begging lazy self entitled ass?

as for sugar coating i never asked you to sugar coat, use tact, be decent or what ever you want to say. i frankly don't care i was only saying that instead of trolling my thread no reason then to start shit how about being constructive?

posting something relevant of value? also as for the jumping off a bridge remark im not currently suicidal but if i was i can guarantee some person i don't know making a shit post to a random question i asked online wouldn't be what pushed me over the edge, your existence doesn't have that kind of effect on my life sorry. maybe i was wrong to start coming back to the forums i seem to remember a higher quality of posters here before the switch to dot net/

Ok well, I do admit you didn't specifically asked for the project would be translated and I appologize for flying off the handle like that. However when I said my spiel about life, that wasn't a pot shot at you. I was trying to explain the bit in my earlier comment, about life getting in the way of translation work, was a bad thing for translations... but not necessarily for the individual. (It's a weird philosophical quirk of mine, just understand I was not trying to call you lazy).

I also do conceed that the bit about jumping off a bridge was out of line, but you did say earlier that...

which kinda contridicts what you are saying now and here I am extending the argument which wasn't my intention..... ARGH

Anyways, I just wanted to get the point across that translation work is incredibly demanding and unpredictable. So planning ahead for several projects is not exactly feasible. However, my hot competitive Korean blood flared up and I blew my lid. I appologize for my behavior and wish you luck for all your current and future troubles.

nope it dosn't contradict i never said you were making people feel that life was hopeless, simply referring to if the translation was a possibility, secondly iv been coming here since 2012 i am well aware of how long, tedious, and life consuming the work these translators do and a few seconds looking through my post history would have shown you that i have pointed out repeatedly how big and laborious what these translation teams do is and that they do it for free. so don't presume to know me or my stance on this topic, maybe next time do the 5 mins of research and save your self the grief of coming across as a ignorant putz.

• 4 months later...

It's not fun when translation teams refuse charity, commissions or minor assistance from anyone outside their team... Also not fun when the last update about the translation progress was 5-10 months ago... is it hard to post "we are busy with other stuff right now so we dont know if we will finish" or "we recently dropped this translation project and moving to other things"? Keeping the fans updated should be a requirement for translation teams.

It's not fun when translation teams refuse charity, commissions or minor assistance from anyone outside their team... Also not fun when the last update about the translation progress was 5-10 months ago... is it hard to post "we are busy with other stuff right now so we dont know if we will finish" or "we recently dropped this translation project and moving to other things"? Keeping the fans updated should be a requirement for translation teams.

I'm just going to remind you that fan translations are technically illegal; we are tolerated by the license holders, but they have the power to shut us down at any time for any reason, or no reason at all. Between the bad publicity of shutting down projects and the fact that a non-zero number of people who play the patch will (hopefully [i can dream]) purchase the original game, most do not do so. However, once you start accepting money for your work, all of that changes.