Kami no Rhapsody Translation Project

Sonitz

I'm Zoltanar and I do and have done a lot of work for nekoHen recently (including leading KNR patch project).

There seems to be some minsunderstandings here, first of all, no one sent anyone a cease and desist order, that is ridiculous as a previous poster has said.

When it was brought to my attention that there was someone attempting to translate KNR on fuwanovel, I made an account and sent a message to Sonitz saying that my team was already working on KNR and we had already done a lot of work on it.

Be aware that we were just doing non-dialog patch (basically everything except dialog).

I told him that I didn't want anyone to be wasting time and suggested he didn't translate non-dialog and instead focused on dialog, this is the final line in my message to him:

Both our team's efforts would work together because the dialog files are completely separated from everything else.

So as you can see I never suggested we work closely together, as that sentence says that we don't have to work together at all.

He said he would talk to his team and get back as soon as possible.

2 days later, Crying Western sent me a message saying:

Hey, translator complainer, please stop you whining and do your own thing. Thank you.
Also the leader of our group said "Nekohen can kiss our ass.".

We at nekoHen share our work for nothing in return and it irritates me to see animosity towards fansub/trans groups because even inferior translations, just bring more exposure to works and increase the chances of them having a good translation, nekoHen's old machine translation patches are what brought Eushully games to my attention and motivated me to join the translating scene.

About KNR, our patch has been finished for a while now and only thing not translated (besides dialog) is terminology as there is no space to translate to english without leaving a lot out which would defeat the purpose in the first place.

Furthermore, we have created facilities for translating dialog as one of our members may translate it eventually but no work has been done yet.

You can find our patches at nekoHen.org/translations/ (You must be logged in) and I do apologize for the site's slowness (the site has undergone major changes recently and isn't fully stable yet) but I hope you will be patient.

I do hope KNR's dialog will be translated eventually as I imagine there are a lot of people interested in a complete english patch and I hope you will not think of fan translators as evil people anymore (at least not nekoHen).

What I posted above was my whole communication with Sonitz's team (3 messages), so I don't know anything about that, furthermore, I'm not an active member of Fuwanovel as you can see so I don't know anything about Fuwa's projects.

Despite my love for japanese media, I don't spend much time in forums about it.

sry ím bit in a hurry but

- regarding kiss our ass - guess thats been AFTER he got several mails from your comrades (or you?), stating that all former attempts on translating eushully´s games, started on fuwanovel, have been killed by getting C&D´s & stuff like that - suggesting THAT we should go over to your site for safetys sake.

also i´ve nothing to do with his manners, as i stay relatively polite, as long as i wont get pissed off.

- "you mean the paranoidal suprise attack out of nowhere, implying that projects on fuwa are a non safe way to go (claiming that happened to all former attempts) & will get sued directly by eushully...." 

like stated above.getting mails includes myself, too. dunno about the other members though. dunno either if we just misunderstood anything, but its a fact that i had a veeeeery long talk afterwards with sonitz & it took me great effords calming him down abit. guess its been not enough, as he´s mia now

already saw the 3 mails from you before & there´s been nothing wrong with them. i also apologize, for talking down your patch(es) before really informing myself regarding their quality, basically implying they were just machine translated, which you denied. therefore again sry.
also showing here up & talking things through is a nice move from you - would have been nice, too, if your comrade ero wouldnt have sent me them mails in the first place, which i showed sonitz afterwards, like he did with yours - leading to a major headache...
After all theres nothing else to say from my site, i dont even know for sure if they´ve truly been the reason why he went mia in the first place, or whatoever shit hit his fan.
cant & wont speak for the other 2, but i dont like that issue (which lies in the past now) to escalate into some sort of flamewar, regarding who provides the better/safer environment for fantranslations & stuff, as we have more serious things to do, like getting some new members on board etc...

have a nice day.

• 4 weeks later...

They don't have a translator anymore, man.  They also don't have the partially translated scripts, so they gotta start over from scratch.

Looks like we need to redo the entire thing, /user/13356-sonitz/" title="">Sonitz vanished, and no one has had contact with lighteningOne (<--- both of which probably made a runnner), the two that has the translated work... No one else had a copy of them.

So at the moment, i'm trying to start the project again with GLM and reaper, while looking for some more translators.

nah we have a translator, but he´s currently on a vacation, to be more specific he´s hiking in indonesia & unless google comes up with their plans to make wifi available everywhere through mobile balloons in the very next days, we/you simply have to wait abit until he´s back. have a nice day

edit: anyone who´s willing to contribute to the project is still welcome to do so. just let cry or me know by sending a short mail (not glm for reasons stated above) & we´ll see together where to put you.

- additional translator(s)

- additional editor(s)

- guys & gals who like to do public relations

thank you in advance.

if you are somewhat confident in your skills, means either having a good grasp of japanese, able to translate without causing the editor/tlc to freak out, or able doing other helpful stuff, like beeing well versed in technical aspects, than there´s nothing wrong in contacting one of us. & regarding glm, he should be almost back from his holiday trip, lets see what will happen when the time comes. have a nice day.

• 4 weeks later...