Kami no Rhapsody Translation Project

Sonitz

Been lurking for awhile but I've decided to finally make an account to cheer you guys on!

I've always been a fan of Eushully games and I'm really looking forward to this translation. GAMBATEH!

It's gonna take a REALLY long time but I believe!

on another note, how is the h-scene´s translation progressing? really curious to see them results, you know...

Seems like it's kinda going slow, I think. But still going. She need to have much exp as possible... If you know what I mean  :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

um...

any new news ? 

Looks like we need to redo the entire thing, Sonitz vanished, and no one has had contact with lighteningOne (<--- both of which probably made a runnner), the two that has the translated work... No one else had a copy of them.

So at the moment, i'm trying to start the project again with GLM and reaper, while looking for some more translators.

guess main reason has been them dudes from nekohen scaring the very fuck out of sonitz, when mentioning c&d´s related only to fuwanovel & whatover conspiracy theory they shared with him, to discredited our site here, hoping we would work with them instead.

nevertheless gone is gone now & we need some motivated recruits!

guess main reason has been them dudes from nekohen scaring the very fuck out of sonitz, when mentioning c&d´s related only to fuwanovel & whatover conspiracy theory they shared with him, to discredited our site here, hoping we would work with them instead.

neverthelss gone is gone now & we need some motivated recruits!

nevertheless gone is gone now & we need some motivated recruits!

Looks like we need to redo the entire thing, Sonitz vanished, and no one has had contact with lighteningOne (<--- both of which probably made a runnner), the two that has the translated work... No one else had a copy of them.

So at the moment, i'm trying to start the project again with GLM and reaper, while looking for some more translators.

Well, crap, that's terrible.  I was really looking forward to this, too.  Hope you guys get back on your feet soon!

as for now, the other 2 & me are determined to walk down the path of bringing said project to (future) completion. therefore like mentioned above, more recruits willing to sacrifice themselves for a greater goal of eternal kawaiiism are always welcome here!
-Provided they ARENT fuckking trolls in need of having their glorious 5min of fame, after which they dissappear into nothingness, leaving the rest of their team dumbfounded...-

edit: on a site note, if the day comes where i might dissappear 4 awhile then yeahh...
thx Will*O*Crisp, CranxterFx & NarcistikBoogaloo ...i´ll get u back 4 sure! Have a nice day

Well, there have been several cases like this happened to fan translation projects before, but is there any legal laws that explicitly forbid a fan translation? We fans are doing this not for the sake of money and fame, the main purpose is that we could share great experience of playing great and fabulous games for those who still unable to speak Japanese. In any case, on this project, we must prevail!

What you're not actually getting is that nobody involved with this project has actually received a C&D, nor will anyone receive one. 

But it could possibly be argued that US copyright law actually does forbid fan translations. There have been no cases tried to set a precedent, but I wouldn't doubt it's possible for fan translators to get the short end of the stick with regards to that kind of thing. Either way, it's not even worth talking about this because there is no valid threat of legal action.