.txt.scn decryption

l0li

Hello,

I have successfully extracted the data.xp3 file from the VN monobeno (ものべの). Now I would like to view the scenario files (dialogs) but they seem to be encrypted.
Here is an example what it looks like: http://pastebin.com/hiJyTepT

I am not a programmer, so I have no idea how to make it readable. There is an old thread but it was about .ks.scn files and I don't know if they are the same.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

There doesn't appear to be a difference between .ks.scn and .txt.scn in terms of what you have to do to extract them.

Download offzip and use the following command to decompress the .txt.scn file and produce the PSB file:

offzip <inputfile> <outputfile> 8

Example: offzip somefile.txt.scn somefile.txt.scn.psb 8

Monobeno SCN to PSB Example (run offzip_to_psb.bat)

At this point, you will need some kind of PSB file parser to extract the text data.

Here's a text sample that was extracted and formatted using my own makeshift PSB file parser/text extractor:

Monobeno Sample Text Extraction

As far as finding reliable PSB parsing/repackaging tools, I'd recommend contacting someone like binaryfail, who knows this territory better than I.

Thanks, but can you explain it so a complete noob in this area can understand it too? When I use the offzip program, I only get more unreadable text.

And what is PSB? When I google it it leads me to sites related to photoshop and I want text not a picture ?

Oh and if the whole thing is too complicated forget about my question, I only want to know IF it is possible to translate the game. If yes I would probably

ask some people because I don't know much japanese anyway.