Sengoku koihime Fan Translation

VN Info: https://vndb.org/v13188

Hello guys.

I've started to read this visual novel and decided to translate it while I read it to share it with everyone, but its taking its time...

It'd be quicker if I had the original script at hand... (what I'm currently doing is write in a .txt file, each line in jap first and then next to it the eng translation, but it'll take a lot more if I do it this way.)

so I thought of making a thread here and ask for help, (especially from a hacker...)

if more translators feel like giving me a hand with this one, guys you're more than welcome.

P.S: this script will need Proofreading.

Wanna help?  send a mail to the following E-mail address> [email protected]

~EDIT~

Thanks to Kelebek1 the TL will be a lot faster~

Total amount of Scripts:  148

Total amount of Lines:

TL Progress:  0% 

wish you the very best, but its going to be a long, long, long journey. nevertheless i´m sure there´ll be somebody willing to help, as the other baseson project has grown into what you can call a not so small family over time. maybee they´ll offer you a helping hand, maybee not - that depends only on your own persuasive skills.

&regarding super hackas, rumours have it some skilled ones lurke around here on fuwa, BUT that also depends on your will to finish that project. good luck sir

wish you the very best, but its going to be a long, long, long journey. nevertheless i´m sure there´ll be somebody willing to help, as the other baseson project has grown into what you can call a not so small family over time. maybee they´ll offer you a helping hand, maybee not - that depends only on your own persuasive skills.

&regarding super hackas, rumours have it some skilled ones lurke around here on fuwa, BUT that also depends on your will to finish that project. good luck sir

Well, I do plan to finish the TL whether I find a hacker or not.  oh right,  when I have the time I'll make a blog and post pics, updates and random stuffs.

and if by the time I finish the TL the game still hasn't been hacked then... I'll just make the translation public and wait for a team to work on it.

Good luck with the TL. Baseson's games are shitty but very entertaining. I would love to see another game of theirs be translated.

I hope you'll find a hacker soon. I'll be your hacker if only I am confident enough to pull it off, but sadly no. Teehee.  :wafuu:

I'm not an expert when it comes to VN's, but this one is worth reading at least xD

after this one I'm planning to translate dekinai watashi ga, kurikaesu  18+  (though ppl don't seem to like it much)

Wishing you the best with the TL project~ ^_^

Thank you~

Good luck with the project :)

Thanks~

Well on the hacking side, that format is horrible to work with. For whatever reason I can't generate correct numbers with any Mersenne Twist code that I try. Do they use custom numbers or something? Couple that with the anti-debugging code they have, making further testing really damn difficult.

Other than that though, an 18+ version is coming out later this year apparently, so you should do that one instead. Work on it now, and then update it when the 18+ ver comes around.

Well on the hacking side, that format is horrible to work with. For whatever reason I can't generate correct numbers with any Mersenne Twist code that I try. Do they use custom numbers or something? Couple that with the anti-debugging code they have, making further testing really damn difficult.

Other than that though, an 18+ version is coming out later this year apparently, so you should do that one instead. Work on it now, and then update it when the 18+ ver comes around.

wow, I didn't know that... I suppose you're right.  I'll keep working with this version @ my own pace, and then update it once the +18 version is out. (I bet that, that one will get hacked really fast... b00bs>plot   oh wait...   b00bs=plot xD)

seriously, thx for the info~

Ok well I got the decryption (sgenrand seeding was actually non-standard) and decompression and script reading all working. Scripts and recompiler are included here: https://www.mediafire.com/?xgjky8bjh8yca1g

To use the recompiler, just open up a cmd and call it as "compile.exe scene" or "config" to do the config files. Editing the text itself works fine, and you can also add new pages if you need to, by just putting in some new { } blocks, you don't need the "page" part. You don't have to compile every file either, you can just take single files, and name the compiled file UPDATE00.int, and it'll just use those files as updated ones, so you don't have to compile all the scripts every time.

However, changing names doesn't work at all, and I can't get it to work. There's a name table in the config files (that's why I included them), but editing it to add in a new name, or just just adding a new name and stuff, doesn't work at all. I can't figure out how to fix the names, so, I dunno, maybe try and ask Doddler or someone who's worked with this engine before.

pltjSn0.jpg

Ok well I got the decryption (sgenrand seeding was actually non-standard) and decompression and script reading all working. Scripts and recompiler are included here: https://www.mediafire.com/?xgjky8bjh8yca1g

To use the recompiler, just open up a cmd and call it as "compile.exe scene" or "config" to do the config files. Editing the text itself works fine, and you can also add new pages if you need to, by just putting in some new { } blocks, you don't need the "page" part. You don't have to compile every file either, you can just take single files, and name the compiled file UPDATE00.int, and it'll just use those files as updated ones, so you don't have to compile all the scripts every time.

However, changing names doesn't work at all, and I can't get it to work. There's a name table in the config files (that's why I included them), but editing it to add in a new name, or just just adding a new name and stuff, doesn't work at all. I can't figure out how to fix the names, so, I dunno, maybe try and ask Doddler or someone who's worked with this engine before.

pltjSn0.jpg

Dude... You're awesome.  +10

P.S: I'll send you a PM if I don't manage to edit it~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...