Fuwa Official PS Vita Thread

Funyarinpa

This thread is for anything PS Vita: Talks about Vita games, future releases, question about a particular game, etc. is all welcome here! No meaningless "Vita is dead muuuu" posts, please.

To kick us off, I'd like to ask a question:

Did you play Tearaway? What did you think of it?

Vita such an awesome console, definitely my favorite. 

I originally bought vita for Persona 4 Golden and would have been happy with just that. But all the JRPGs and such coming out are really making it worth my while. And then there's the PSP gems. Nowadays most of the new games I get are for vita. 

I haven't played Tearaway, mostly because it didn't seem that interesting. The touch screen gimmicks are also somewhat off-putting.   

Tearaway is fucking amazing, IMHO the best 3D platformer in YEARS (granted, I have not played SM3DW or anything) but seriously, IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL

One of the most creative art styles from last generation, AMAZING everything, the touch gimmicks are far from being a problem (you gotta play it to understand why it is the perfect Vita game)

Yes, hardware-wise, Tearaway is the PERFECT VITA GAME.

Since it is so much of a hassle to switch PSN accounts on Vita, and since I only have a digital copy (came with the console -Adventure Mega Pack, look it up-) I am planning to double dip and get the game physical as well.

The Vita is a pretty solid handheld. Honestly I think the 3DS has a more solid lineup of games (I'm a bit of a nintendork) but for JRPG's and portable PS1 gaming it's pretty sick. I love that they put a OLED screen on the fat vitas as well. The hacking community for it is pretty damn solid as well which makes it 10x better since it lets you run homebrew (though this was all accessible on the original PSP it still gets me excited to see where the Vita hacking community will go).

Also thanks for telling me about tearaway, I've actually never seen it before but now I want it. It's always nice to see a good platformer.

Of the hunting games I thought Soul Sacrifice Delta was the best. The story is pretty decent and atmospheric and honestly the crazy amount of magic they give you to play around with trounces the normal 'use this weapon until you get enough parts to make a better version of the same weapon'

After playing Monster Hunter every monster hunter clone feels kind of bad.

Freedom Wars was fun, but it has so much shit going on that the hunting itself lacks grace. 

In Toukiden I hated the combat system. It felt kind of clunky and weightless. I haven't tried Soul Sacrifice, so I can't say anything about that.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is definitely the best hunting game for vita, especially because you can put camera controls on the other analog stick unlike on PSP. 

I'm forgetting the name, but I remember reading about that game coming this summer where it's an RPG with a lot of characters and some are randomly chosen to be traitors.  So, you have to try and figure out who the traitors are and not throw away your xp leveling them.  ...That was a lot to say.  I'm more than a little intrigued by it, I just can't be bothered to go look up the title. :\

I also take a liking to a lot of the PS plus free games, like recently Rogue Legacy and OlliOlli2.

But yeah.  Vita good.  ...vita gud.

Sweet Fuse, Fate/Extra and Disgaea Infinite comes to mind.

Wait, wait, wait. Hold the phone. There's a Fate game with an official NA release?

*minutes of reading Wikipedia later*

Although... it sounds kinda lousy... confirm/deny?

Given I was a Disgaea fan long before I became a VN fan, I guess I should probably get Disgaea Infinite, at least.

Wait, wait, wait. Hold the phone. There's a Fate game with an official NA release?

Given I was a Disgaea fan long before I became a VN fan, I guess I should probably get Disgaea Infinite, at least.

Disgaea Infinite was bad (aside from the glomping scene)  just watch it online. 

I have played Fate/Extra only a little, so I can't really give a proper answer, but what I played didn't seem that bad. The story seemed pretty interesting and the combat system is fun, but bit too random for my tastes.