Do people like nicknames?

Yuuko

Back when I was twelve, people called me Cartman, since I swear a lot and used to be fat. I still think it was hilarious. 

I like nicknames. On the internet they are a necessity, because I'm not typing the damn number in your username everytime I plan to adress you. In real life, it's mostly shortcutting. Tobias becomes Tobi, Adrian becomes Adri and Cathrine becomes Cat. I also love to nickname objects. 

But the real goal is acquiring a nickname that's more like title. I tried really hard to become "Tex" or "Cowboy". In the end, I'm only called "Idiot" and "Hey you" nowadays. And sometimes murderer, even though I haven't been cought yet... 

It depends on why that nickname was chosen instead of just saying my actual name, lol.

When I was younger, my relatives used to always call me 

pink lucky.  Almost like a pet name, "come here pink lucky~" haha. As to why I was called that.. well, that's a secret

;).

I was happy to be called that though because it kinda had an endearing meaning to it for me.  I don't think I ever really had any other nicknames, since there's really no point. My real name is extremely short.

As for online usernames, I don't really mind if people give me shortened nicknames. I'm not really too picky.

I've never used nicknames that much. I usually just address people online as "you" and don't use their name/username. In voice chat, sometimes I do, but overall I don't. Now that I think about it, I don't call people by their names unless I'm talking about them to another person.... It's mostly just: "Hey,you" and things like that.

I've never had much of a nickname, the max I've had was when people called be by my surname and just said half of it.

Most of my friends offline call me Rye or Chu.  When I was playing WoW and all of my friends were over working on homework or playing games or whatever, I would always say "Ryechu casting (spellname)," because that's what we were asked to do.  And then my friends would ask me "Why do you call yourself Ryechu?"  And then they'd start calling me it, too.

Then it just sort of stuck.

I don't have a problem with it at all, so long as it's not a derogatory name.

Ehh I have a love-hate with my handle and nicknames/abbreviations

When people shorten it to just Heizei, then Im just average (would rather it just be shortened to Koukousei then I'd just be a high school student)

But a past TL of mine used to call me Heizenpai, which I actually thought was pretty funny

Now if were talking offline nicknames, I'm quite the giver of nicknames. I have given out names such as Munchkin, Party Guy, and Whyte (to a black guy)

Once upon a time Eclipsed was given a nickname Clipsy by Za-kun.

Clipsy went on to nickname others, such as Hazy Kakashi and Flut Flut

RieRie-hime is a guilty pleasure, but never said until now

NB hates Nozomi

Alotta people like to campaign to ban Run

TarzanOfVersailles is the best nickname.

gotta love FSG.

i have about 11 nicknames thanks to them.

and that one is just........sigh.....using HMN as a username was mistake. i'll forever carry that regret to my grave.

other than that,nicknames are pretty cool.

huge dicks are overrated~

Hyper masochist Noor? people never call my name only my family xD, so i'm fu**ed for life

yeah.  I'm not a fan of my original name, at least not at this point in my life.  Joe just fits for the first half of my life.  Maybe when i become a smelly old man i'll start going by joseph.  I also just don't feel like Joseph covers who i am.  Joe does.  It's short and blunt.  Don't let my long winded posts on the forums  fool you, i am extremely introverted; mainly because if i'm not, i'll likely say something that offends someone(or i'll say something or do something that's so cringe-worthy i'll feel like committing Sudoku when i remember it) and this is just how i get my release(in terms of the thoughts that stagnate in my head).

On the topic of names,  I'm still fascinated by how the japanese deal with names.  Not just the last name and first name, but how they distinctly mark their different relationships by using different honorifics.  I imagine it brings a level of closure that western society sadly isn't really able to emulate, but at the same time, it brings a level of alienation that western society thankfully isn't able to emulate.  Truly fascinating.

yeah.  I'm not a fan of my original name, at least not at this point in my life.  Joe just fits for the first half of my life.  Maybe when i become a smelly old man i'll start going by joseph.  I also just don't feel like Joseph covers who i am.  Joe does.  It's short and blunt.  Don't let my long winded posts on the forums  fool you, i am extremely introverted; mainly because if i'm not, i'll likely say something that offends someone(or i'll say something or do something that's so cringe-worthy i'll feel like committing Sudoku when i remember it) and this is just how i get my release(in terms of the thoughts that stagnate in my head).

On the topic of names,  I'm still fascinated by how the japanese deal with names.  Not just the last name and first name, but how they distinctly mark their different relationships by using different honorifics.  I imagine it brings a level of closure that western society sadly isn't really able to emulate, but at the same time, it brings a level of alienation that western society thankfully isn't able to emulate.  Truly fascinating.

Actually....you aint fulling anyone with the long posts. People with longer posts tend to be introverts.

Actually....you aint fulling anyone with the long posts. People with longer posts tend to be introverts.

People are getting all serious with our troll threads

I wish people would use Kiriririri as my name or use nickname cause somehow Kiriririri always turns into Kiiririririririri

People are getting all serious with our troll threads

I wish people would use Kiriririri as my name or use nickname cause somehow Kiriririri always turns into Kiiririririririri

I know right... they are actually taking it seriously but anyway

Elias ? Doggy?

I like nicknames. I've got a few nicknames IRL though I'm usually just called by my last name. On the internet, people just call me the username I created several years ago or my name in case they know it. 'round two-three weeks ago HMN gave me the nickname of "Al-kabeer". XD

I like nicknames. I've got a few nicknames IRL though I'm usually just called by my last name. On the internet, people just call me the username I created several years ago or my name in case they know it. 'round two weeks ago HMN gave me the nickname of "Al-kabeer". XD