Dies Irae anime crowdfunding

Down

I´d rather have a crowdfunding for an english Translation :/

Really? An English translation has an even larger potential to destroy the original, in my opinion. Even if I couldn't read it, I'd probably rather watch the anime that at least has chances of replicating the style in some form or another, rather than reading Masada... well, without Masada.

@vokova, provided its getting a full course anime...but somehow i highly doubt that from what you can read, regarding the whole crowdfunding thing & the required budged. only thing that comes to mind is, that only 1-2 mediocre ova episodes are beeing made, to further advertise its main game, like it happened countless times before.
therefore the aesthete in me cries & beggs to stop this heretical act

there is no way to make a good anime from a vn that it's >50 hours long even less when it's a really mature one, all the vns that were adapted into anime are crap or average at best and heavily censored, so meh. Just translate the damn vn :P

Steins;Gate would like to have a chat with you

I'd probably rather watch the anime that at least has chances of replicating the style in some form or another,

There's practically zero chance. The most you can hope for is that the world, characters, and plot are consistent, but the author's style won't survive the transition from a semi-prose based medium to a fully visual one.

No author's style survives any translation because that's not the original language it was written in, even in nukige you don't preserve the "author's style", you can be really good and have amazing aproximations, but it'll still be different in the end, so even if you got a Dies Irae anime, if you can't understand the Japanese, you'd still need subs, which will in turn "ruin the author's style" again (and that is assuming the anime itself doesn't already ruin it), so really crowdfunding a translation is just as butchering  of the original as making an anime here, and an anime is probably much, much worse.

So yeah I'd also rather crowdfund a translation, even though I know the result wouldn't even manage to get close to the original, but it certainly will be closer to the original than an anime adaptation, even assuming they got an amazing staff to produce the anime.

Steins;Gate would like to have a chat with you

The Steins;Gate anime wasn't as good as the VN though, it just managed to adapt the true route very well.

Okay, lets clarify some things.

Masada is signed onto the anime if it does succeed. He'd be writing the whole thing. So is G-Yuusuke, the artist for all of his games. And the chief of Light would be working as producer, iirc. Thats alot of power in the hands of Light already. We don't know anything else beyond that.

There's honestly no point of even speculating if it'd be good or bad at this point, we know almost nothing beyond that. Dies would be a really big challenge to adapt properly due to the length of the VN and how intricate masada's grandoise descriptions are to the feeling of the fights. And the game really has tons of characterization which can really only be achieved through something that gives a ton of attention to every character.

Honestly, I really doubt that this is gonna be something for people who haven't read the game to watch. It's probably just going to be fanservice for the 爪牙. Which i'm okay with, because a proper, faithful and equally as good dies anime is just really impossible to immagine. Besides, we don't even know what form this will take. Could end up being a movie. Could end up being just a few OVA's or something, who the hell knows. But it's definitely way too early to react to it. Light's probably using the crowdfunding method to gauge interest in it. So yeah. Calm down everybody.

Masada is signed onto the anime if it does succeed. He'd be writing the whole thing. So is G-Yuusuke, the artist for all of his games. And the chief of Light would be working as producer, iirc. Thats alot of power in the hands of Light already. We don't know anything else beyond that.

I should point out this doesn't allay the "lack of cash" argument, or the fact that the style of Dies Irae won't transfer to the anime. So I'm not sure how many fears this is meant to allay? And let me explain what I mean by this. one of the main strengths of Dies Irae is the prose correct? The anime has little to no prose, so it loses one of its main strengths right there. So anybody hoping for a replication of Dies Irae's unique style can lose those hopes now, it doesn't matter if Masaka is involved the style will be noticeable different. Terry Pratchett was heavily involved when his novels where adapted to the big screen, but it didn't change the fact that the TV adaptions lost a large part of his stylistic genius. 

So if they aren't going to be well funded, and the anime isn't going to convey Masaka's style, I suppose the only benefit is porting his story to a more accessible and popular medium to guide people to his VN? I'd rather they funded a translation personally. EDIT: Because Masaka won’t have to write the translation, which will free him up to work on more novels which surely is a medium more suited to his writing strengths.

EDIT2: I disagree with your notion that this anime will be fanservice for people who enjoyed the game. People who enjoyed the game are always lauding Masaka's writing style, which will be largely missing in the anime, so it will be pretty poor fanservice if that is the case.

To be honest, if you wanted to translate Masada's works into English... you'd need a poet's sense of pleasure in the written word in addition to the ability to translate accurately.  Masada's prose frequently feels like an epic poem like Beowulf (in a good way) during battle scenes and important narration, and you'd need someone capable of replicating that feeling in English to get good results... 

To be honest, if you wanted to translate Masada's works into English... you'd need a poet's sense of pleasure in the written word in addition to the ability to translate accurately.  Masada's prose frequently feels like an epic poem like Beowulf (in a good way) during battle scenes and important narration, and you'd need someone capable of replicating that feeling in English to get good results... 

Also known as an actual writer who can read and write both Japanese and English, not a fan translator.

I should point out this doesn't allay the "lack of cash" argument, or the fact that the style of Dies Irae won't transfer to the anime. So I'm not sure how many fears this is meant to allay? And let me explain what I mean by this. one of the main strengths of Dies Irae is the prose correct? The anime has little to no prose, so it loses one of its main strengths right there. So anybody hoping for a replication of Dies Irae's unique style can lose those hopes now, it doesn't matter if Masaka is involved the style will be noticeable different. Terry Pratchett was heavily involved when his novels where adapted to the big screen, but it didn't change the fact that the TV adaptions lost a large part of his stylistic genius. 

So if they aren't going to be well funded, and the anime isn't going to convey Masaka's style, I suppose the only benefit is porting his story to a more accessible and popular medium to guide people to his VN? I'd rather they funded a translation personally. EDIT: Because Masaka won’t have to write the translation, which will free him up to work on more novels which surely is a medium more suited to his writing strengths.

EDIT2: I disagree with your notion that this anime will be fanservice for people who enjoyed the game. People who enjoyed the game are always lauding Masaka's writing style, which will be largely missing in the anime, so it will be pretty poor fanservice if that is the case.

There is alot more to Dies than prose, and alot of fans of Dies aren't going to walk in and expect a masterpiece of an adaptation. To alot of people I've talked to, they're just interested in both A: The idea of Masada being at the helm of an anime and B: Seeing some of the cooler scenes of the game animated. Thats it. Nobody i've talked to wants nor cares about a proper adaptation of dies because its too unreasonable. Thats what i mean: Fanservice. Just for people who have played the game, like how the Oretsuba anime is incomprehensible to anyone who hadn't played it (it's apparently filled with injokes that only people who followed the game really 'got'). I'm not really sure how masada plans on bringing his touch to anime, but I have alot of trust in the guy, so at the very least I'll probably be entertained.

And another thing: Light had already been asked awhile ago about an english translation of Dies and they refused, so thats not happening unless via fan translation, and Dies is above anything most fantranslators can handle. The idea of that is even more incomprehensible than a dies adaptation.