Historical fiction/fantasy recommendations

Hi Fuwa!

I need some help with recommendations. I am looking for historical fiction related animes. They don't have to be historically correct but I prefer the war/traditional world and fantasy element. 

The recent success and personal opinion about Arslan Senki and Akatsuki no Yona gave me a craving for more. I am a personal fan of such settings in books and games too. 

Here are some animes for information about what I am looking for:

Kingdom

Oda Nobona no Yabou

Arslan Senki

Akatsuki no Yona

Sengoku Basara

FMA: Brotherhood

Any recommendations?

Edit: Martial arts is fine too.

Condor Hero (more a martial-arts story than anything else but it IS a historically-important Chinese legend)

Seirei no Moribito

Kemono no Souja Erin (give this one time, it's pacing is pretty broken but it ramps up quite nicely as you go along)

Guin Saga

12 Kingdoms

Valkyria Chronicles

Also, though they aren't historical in the least, you could also try Legend of the Galactic Heroes and the Crest/Banner of the Stars anime. Though they're space SF they're written to be more like old war stories between noble houses than anything else.

Edit: Gahhh how could I forget Rose of Versailles?

Edit2: Souten Kouro

A lot of interesting titles. Thanks a lot for the recommendations. They all are interesting on different levels. Utawarerumono and Valkyria Chronicles are probably games I have to play instead. I think I wont justify them otherwise. Am I right?

High priority/research a it more:

Seirei no Moribito

Juuni Kokuki

Berserk (I've heard good stuff about the manga at least)

Souten Kouro

Seikai no Senki

Low priority/backlog:

Guin Saga

Fushigi Yuugi

Fushigi no Umi no Nadia

Legend of the galactic heroes

Rose of Versailles

Sainkoku Monogatari

The ones looking promising enough to pick up. I noticed that older animes doesn't have "seasons". 40 episodes are much better for the development so I am not complaining. 

Good stuff. And yes Utawarerumono and Valkyria are better experienced in game form. If you like Valkyria you should also pick up the fan-translated version of Valkyria 3 for PSP (skip 2).

Valkyria has been on sale a lot lately on Steam so you should be able to pick it up cheap.

I already own Valkyria on Steam so that's not a problem. I just doesn't have enough spare time when I arrive home. But good to know.