What were some of your favorite games as a kid?

Shikomizue

As a small child (around 6) my favourite one was Pokemon Stadium for the N64. I played it more than regular Pokemon games because I simply sucked at caves where I instantly lost my patience and orientation and because I couldn´t really read yet what was a great problem (somehow I still managed to finish the yellow edition though).

A few years later it was clearly Super Smash Bros. Melee. I played it with friends all the time and had way over 1000 hours of playtime in the end.

Nobody likes Metroid 2 very much, even hardcore Metroid fans.

But... but I... 

Well actually I haven`t played it since my age was in the single digits and I was playing it on an actual original Gameboy so... I might just be seeing it through nostalgia glasses. Maybe I should try it out again and see if it`s aged as well as I believe it has.

Metroid 2 was interesting because it was legit all about hunting Metroids. Through the whole game you have a counter of how many Metroids are left on the planet, and the battles with the different evolved forms of Metroids are genuinely terrifying because they move fast and hit hard.

Sadly without a map the game is insanely frustrating and confusing. Mandatory paths are hidden in walls that look solid, and a lot of the exploration in the game boils down to becoming the sticky/spider ball and rolling around the walls of every map looking for invisible paths.

I completely forgot about that. All my friends played Age of Empire's

Wow! That takes me back. I remember when I was four years old and I would be sitting on my dads lap and would watch him lead the Egyptians to victory!