What were some of your favorite games as a kid?

Shikomizue

Jesus, I go away for like an hour and I see 11 notifications for this thread. I didn't know so many people would take an interest in this thread.

I sincerely apologize for putting you through this traumatic experience.

Here is my apology

Kyoroto-san, what do you take me for?

Jesus, I go away for like an hour and I see 11 notifications for this thread. I didn't know so many people would take an interest in this thread.

Kyoroto-san, what do you take me for?

No,this time it's legitimate 

Seriously though...believe me  ^_^

No,this time it's legitimate 

Seriously though...believe me  ^_^

... Okay I shall trust you.

It's okay Kyo-kun, just don't do it twice in one day. That makes my head explode. Do you know how tiring it is to pick up all those pieces?

Edited by Shikomizue

Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Banjo Kazooie/DK64/Conker (I don't think I ever actually played Mario64 until I was a teen), Mario Kart, Smash, OoT, Majora's Mask, and Windwaker, just about any GBA game worth its salt, Pokemanz,  and Starcraft.

Street fighter II Turbo. Back in the time we were forced to play it on saturn, because impossible to play it on arcade and the neogeo was extremely expensive. But when I think about all the coins we wasted to beat the boss..When you were desperate someone played the guile theme to give you a bit of strength.

I didn't actually own Rayman, but i went to my neighbor's house all the time just to play it.

Was either Rayman 2 or 3 i'm not 100% sure.

Good times where online gaming wasn't a huge thing yet and you actually played with your friends irl.

I'd still like to own a Rayman game today~

Also just remembered Jack & Dexter and Ratchet & Clank. I played almost EVERY Ratchet & Clank game, it's my childhood franchise.

I didn't actually own Rayman, but i went to my neighbor's house all the time just to play it.

Was either Rayman 2 or 3 i'm not 100% sure.

Good times where online gaming wasn't a huge thing yet and you actually played with your friends irl.

I'd still like to own a Rayman game today~

Also just remembered Jack & Dexter and Ratchet & Clank. I played almost EVERY Ratchet & Clank game, it's my childhood franchise.

Rayman and Jak and Daxter were greatness.

Another one I can't believe I forgot to put on my initial list is Sly Cooper. I played the shit out of Sly 1 and 2 as a kid.

Oh man, I remember how giddy I was over buying a Rhino in the first R&C. Those rockets were glorious~ It was fun getting to try out all the odd weapons they had in that game. On top of that, it was one of the most challenging games to me back when I first played it; I remember dying so many times for the final boss. ;_;

You mean Jak & Daxter right? The exploration aspect of that game was amazing. Excellent graphics and soundtracks too; it was definitely a game with atmosphere. I really didn't like how it made a change in setting with the two games after that though. I did think they were interesting and enjoyable on their own, but I liked the 1st one so much more.

My favorites as a kid were Super Mario and Megaman for the NES and Pokemon Blue for GBC. A little later on, Pokemon Emerald came out on top for me (it's still my favorite Pokemon; haven't played the remake yet).

The two that stick out most to me during my teen years were Soul Calibur 2 and and Final Fantasy 10. I played SC3 and stopped caring after 4. The 2nd game had a nice charm with its story and the combat was great, but the story modes after SC2 were severely lacking. The gameplay actually improved in the 4th game, but that's about it. I heard one of the games didn't even have multiplayer (seriously?). FF10 is where I really started to care about RPGs, and I've enjoyed a lot of the earlier games in the franchise too. I couldn't get into 7, and I have not yet finished it, but I'll try to beat it some time. I did like the prequel to it at least (Zack and Sephiroth are the only characters I cared about in 7). Talking about FF is making me want to play 8 now. It seems to be a popular favorite for a lot of FF fans.

Damn all these people with consoles in their childhood. I could only play on my dad's old Macintosh, so I could only play the random games my dad acquired from who knows where. I remember being kind of jealous of my friend who had GBA.

I got my first own console, Nintendo DS when I was 10 and I played so much with it that the some of the buttons wore off. 

Damn all these people with consoles in their childhood. I could only play on my dad's old Macintosh, so I could only play the random games my dad acquired from who knows where. I remember being kind of jealous of my friend who had GBA.

I got my first own console, Nintendo DS when I was 10 and I played so much with it that the some of the buttons wore off.