What were some of your favorite games as a kid?

Shikomizue

Super Mario 3's GBA remake is still my favorite platformer of all time, and I still have both carts of the game I have, one in my possession since I was six. I love it.

Insaniquarium is amazing. It's the sort of thing you play through in a single sitting to relax. IT'S STILL SO FUN! It is also on Steam for $10, so go buy that shit.

Super Gerball, Slyder Adventures and Bookworm Adventures are all games that I am confident are so obscure if you can prove that you knew the game before reading this post I'll record myself singning Never Gonna Give You Up, upload it tıo Youtube and PM you the link, and all three are very fun.

It took me several years to find pirate  copies of the first two (SG and SA) games while the third (BA) has a sequel and both BA games are on Steam.

I grew up with an NES and later a Genesis, a lot of the games I played were blind rentals and that kind of thing, but we got some gems. In my grade school years, I loved the obvious stuff like the entire Mario, Megaman, and Sonic series, but we also found some more obscure stuff which I took a liking to. Such as Spy vs Spy, Rygar, Blaster Master, and Adventures of Lolo. In my middle school years I was of course 2edgy4u and became obsessed with Grand Theft Auto (the first two 2D ones), I also played the hell out of my N64 and enjoyed some classics like Ocarina of Time but one of my favorites was probably Mischief Makers. Then in high school I was all about 1) Super Smash Brothers Melee (probably more time sunk into that than any other game in my life, all multiplayer with my group of friends), and 2) just a crapload of JRPGs, the one I played the most probably being Star Ocean 2 early on in high school.

TL;DR: Mario, Smash Brothers Melee, GTA1. edit: Oh, and Civilization 2 demands a mention, too. These are probably the four most influential games to my adolescence.

I remember my parents were really against me getting a game console or computer, because they thought it would ruin my life...... and they were right. However, my Dad cracked and bought a computer in my later elementary school years. I remember there were a couple games that came with it, but none of them were worth remembering. The first couple games that I bought and enjoyed to the point that they still rank on my top 10 list would be Diablo and Majesty. My middle school years were filled with the various Age of Empires games and during my Highschool years I played runescape.

Sly Cooper definitely one of my favorite games as a kid. One of the strongest memories i have was like level 1 in Sly 2 the Pairs level with Dimitri as the final boss. I wouldn't even try to over throw Dimitri because he was such a cool character. I just wanted to run across the rooftops and sneak around the streets look at the skyline and just enjoy myself and let my imagination run wild.

I admit I did more reading than gaming from elementary to early intermediate so at that point it was Mario Bros. 3, Kirby's Dreamland, Sonic, and Golden Axe (the latter two I could only play when the Genesis at daycare was free, which was rare).

Better in my memory are Vanguard Bandits, Lunar 2, Suikoden, Super Smash Bros., Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Red.

Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Silver, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Crash Team Racing, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, and Sonic Advance 2 are the ones I can remember right now.  Still have all of the games from my childhood; I've actually been hankering to go back and re-100% Year of the Dragon one of these days.