Sharin no Kuni

ninja_leetful

Read it once with your preferred heroine, then just skip through the read text to get 100% completion, if that's what you want.  There's no real reason to reread it over and over and over again.  There are bits of text that's new in the "routes", but other than that, the h-scenes and the endings, they're all the same.

You should pick setsumi she is the real route for the novel.

Do you mean Natsumi?  I don't think that there's a Setsumi in the entire VN  :P  But yeah, Natsumi is the true heroine, like the childhood friend heroine usually is.

Also, that irritation you feel when you try and see if there's already a Sharin no Kuni thread by searching, and the search function omits the "no" so you get no results.

Read it once with your preferred heroine, then just skip through the read text to get 100% completion, if that's what you want.  There's no real reason to reread it over and over and over again.  There are bits of text that's new in the "routes", but other than that, the h-scenes and the endings, they're all the same.

Do you mean Natsumi?  I don't think that there's a Setsumi in the entire VN  :P  But yeah, Natsumi is the true heroine, like the childhood friend heroine usually is.

Also, that irritation you feel when you try and see if there's already a Sharin no Kuni thread by searching, and the search function omits the "no" so you get no results.

yeah sorry :P I was reading narcissu and wrote the wrong name :P

Yep she is, and her "true love" since they were little, also spoilers

:P

even the ending doesnt make much sense if you dont pick Natsumi, because she is the one holding your hand and protecting you first...I dont even know why they gave you the choice to pick the other girls...oh I know! Fan-service -.-

• 5 months later...

Is it so that it doesn't really matter which heroine you choose? No heroine paths of any kind? If so, does that mean the heroine path is included in the main storyline in the form of dating etc?

Edit: Damn this VN seems stupid. At least now in the beginning. MC is a complete jackass and girls with obligation signs are basically nothing but slaves.

Is it so that it doesn't really matter which heroine you choose? No heroine paths of any kind? If so, does that mean the heroine path is included in the main storyline in the form of dating etc?

Edit: Damn this VN seems stupid. At least now in the beginning. MC is a complete jackass and girls with obligation signs are basically nothing but slaves.

Well, the VN is interesting for sure. My biggest gripe is the heroines. Sacchi was a complete bitch until the final moments of her chapter. In the middle of Toukas chapter now and it's painfully obvious she's in love with her father. Well well, how am i supposed to be interested in choosing her if her route will partly be about making her snap out of her infatuation with her father? Well, it's either that or mental issues this chapter will be about. Clearly she's suffering from something. Natsumi have the badge of a slut if i didn't misunderstand the badges meaning. But i think something is off about the whole thing, so i won't be surprised if it was forced on her or something like that. But she seems somewhat interested in Sepia though (which might be a problem for parts of her chapter as MC can't reveal his true name) Man, nice story, but for romancing girls it's completely uninteresting so far.

And then we have Sepia himself. I'm seriously just waiting for the other shoe to drop with that guy. VN shoves him in your face all the time and MC says he's mysterious and that he can't figure him out. If he turns into some surprise villain then the writers have done a terrible job.

Edit: Does the fandisc turn into some ntr shit?

0005.jpg

Well, the VN is interesting for sure. My biggest gripe is the heroines. Sacchi was a complete bitch until the final moments of her chapter. In the middle of Toukas chapter now and it's painfully obvious she's in love with her father. Well well, how am i supposed to be interested in choosing her if her route will partly be about making her snap out of her infatuation with her father? Well, it's either that or mental issues this chapter will be about. Clearly she's suffering from something. Natsumi have the badge of a slut if i didn't misunderstand the badges meaning. But i think something is off about the whole thing, so i won't be surprised if it was forced on her or something like that. But she seems somewhat interested in Sepia though (which might be a problem for parts of her chapter as MC can't reveal his true name) Man, nice story, but for romancing girls it's completely uninteresting so far.

And then we have Sepia himself. I'm seriously just waiting for the other shoe to drop with that guy. VN shoves him in your face all the time and MC says he's mysterious and that he can't figure him out. If he turns into some surprise villain then the writers have done a terrible job.

Edit: Does the fandisc turn into some ntr shit?

0005.jpg

Sepia's name is Isono, the name is just like that for idk reasons. They say his real name when he appears.

About the spoiler, the fandisc is a sort of prequel and sequel. That CG in particular has a lot to tell lol

I was tired and i thought it was Natsumi for some reason :P My mistake. 

But i've got to admit this story was damn engaging, but some of the twists were pretty ridiculous. Ken never actually whispering to himself, but actually talking to his ninja sister eri without knowing it, and people never acting shocked by her presence and acting like Ken was crazy before the twist reveal. Also the twist about his drugs not really being bad in the first place, just some relaxant...  Did they even think this through when writing it? I could't help but facepalm. I still can't figure out Masaomi.. I don't know if he was a villain or just doing his damnest to look like one with Ken's growth in mind. The latter sounds really silly, but i guess if that's the case the reason why might be revealed in the fandisc sequel. 

Did they ever explain the violent outings of Touka? Everyone was always confused when you're confronting her about it, saying that they never heard her say such a thing. Was it just to reinforce that his drug habit was bad before the twist that his drugs wasn't bad after all?

I hope Natsumi was meant as the main heroine because i felt there was none other than her that i could choose for the first playthrough (I guess the main heroines would be Natsumi or Eri, but still prefer Natsumi from the backstory and how she waited in absolute sorrow and despair for 7 long years for your return). Gripping story and lovable heroine, indeed. Hoping the fandisc doesn't soil the splendid ending.

But i've got to admit this story was damn engaging, but some of the twists were pretty ridiculous. Ken never actually whispering to himself, but actually talking to his ninja sister eri without knowing it, and people never acting shocked by her presence and acting like Ken was crazy before the twist reveal. Did they even think this through when writing it? I could't help but facepalm. I still can't figure out Masaomi.. I don't know if he was a villain or just doing his damnest to look like one with Ken's growth in mind. The latter sounds really silly, but i guess if that's the case the reason why might be revealed in the fandisc sequel. 

I hope Natsumi was meant as the main heroine because i felt there was none other than her that i could choose for the first playthrough (I guess the main heroines would be Natsumi or Eri, but still prefer Natsumi from the backstory and how she waited in absolute sorrow and despair for 7 long years for your return). Gripping story and lovable heroine, indeed. Hoping the fandisc doesn't soil the splendid ending.

The fandisc is mostly fluff and h-scenes, which are all machine TL'd by someone who wasn't a part of the original TL team that did Houzuki's route.  The only route that got a real translation was Houzuki's, and that is the only one worth reading if you're looking for anything else but fap fodder, since the text is almost entirely unintelligible in all the others (I gave up when I had to reread each line several times and started getting a headache as a result).  There's one h-scene in there that make you go, "What the actual fuck?!  Why was this put in here?!  Why would you do this to me and the story and that character?", so yeah, in a way it kinda ruins how you view one of the characters.  Don't do what I did, and just ignore everything that isn't Houzuki's route.  It's actually quite good, and really fleshes out his character and provides much needed backstory.

Also...you do realize that Eri is the girl that Houzuki shoots in the face in the very beginning, right?  She's in the story for all of one minute.

Yikes, never been good at remembering names

:P I of course meant his sister. But i guess when you talk about the character ruining h-scene you mean mana, sachi and kenichi? doesn't matter if you spoil anyway since i'll probably won't read it if it's as badly translated as you say.

Yikes, never been good at remembering names

:P I of course meant his sister. But i guess when you talk about the character ruining h-scene you mean mana, sachi and kenichi? doesn't matter if you spoil anyway since i'll probably won't read it if it's as badly translated as you say.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense 

:sachi:  Amusingly enough, though, Eri gets an h-scene in the fandisc.  If you want to find out who the true heroine is, though, read Houzuki's route.  You'll see then.  If I'm remembering correctly, it starts a little bit after the end of the Sharin no Kuni and Ken is involved in a very small part of it via a phone call.

Yep, that's the one I was talking about.  That one really pissed me off.  I mean, I'm sure someone somewhere thought it was hot, but it kinda sickened me.  If you liked Sharin no Kuni, though, you really should read Houzuki's route, even though the rest of the routes are absolute dreck.  At no point during his route did I have to reread lines several times, and everything made sense quite easily, although the lack of text wrapping did bug me a bit.

Kenichi is always talking to his sister and everyone is "ignoring" her because of the prohibition or penalty she has but they still acknowledge her presence, for example in many parts of the novel isono or touka said "lets leave food for the fairy" or things like that, also she is always following kenichi because she can do whatever she want but she is like dead to everyone.

You need to read the fandisk (only the masaomi's route) and then you will understand a lot about why he acts that way and if he is evil or not, and the translation is not bad, the other routes are machine translated but that one is not.

And yes natsumi is the true route, the other routes are just there for fanservice (eroge) and nothing more

Kenichi is always talking to his sister and everyone is "ignoring" her because of the prohibition or penalty she has but they still acknowledge her presence, for example in many parts of the novel isono or touka said "lets leave food for the fairy" or things like that, also she is always following kenichi because she can do whatever she want but she is like dead to everyone.

You need to read the fandisk (only the masaomi's route) and then you will understand a lot about why he acts that way and if he is evil or not, and the translation is not bad, the other routes are machine translated but that one is not.

And yes natsumi is the true route, the other routes are just there for fanservice (eroge) and nothing more

Reading the Fandisc now, and on Natsumi's route, and i honestly can't find many faults in the translation. Only seen what looks like typos and only once thus far.

Maximum sentence people would be so rare that the occasion of one appearing out of the blue would most likely make people tremble pretty badly.

But still, the one thing i've yet to figure out now is why people kept looking at kenichi like he was crazy for stating that Touka said "i'll murder you" and they acted as if they heard nothing. It was never explained. yet in a flashback, his sister was teaching her to say it. Still doesn't explain why noone, even Touka herself knew it was said.

I would accept both his sister or Natsumi as the true route though. Both of them suffered tremensely and only loved Ken. But i must say that i definitely favoured Natsumi though.

They are teasing him and it's just for comedy purposes, this is after all a visual novel

:P don't think too hard about certain things. The same goes when his duralumin case opens up in the middle of the classroom and everyone starts to act like he was a creep when everybody knew that it was her sister clothes but then again they cannot acknowledge that because she is "dead" and also is more funny that way.

Agree her sister can be cannon to as an ending but I don't like incest even if it's not blood related so I just avoid it.

The translation some times is not very accurate (talking about everything except masaomi and eri) but then again is just pure nukige so it doesnt matter there is no real plot there.

They are teasing him and it's just for comedy purposes, this is after all a visual novel

:P don't think too hard about certain things. The same goes when his duralumin case opens up in the middle of the classroom and everyone starts to act like he was a creep when everybody knew that it was her sister clothes but then again they cannot acknowledge that because she is "dead" and also is more funny that way.

Agree her sister can be cannon to as an ending but I don't like incest even if it's not blood related so I just avoid it.

The translation some times is not very accurate (talking about everything except masaomi and eri) but then again is just pure nukige so it doesnt matter there is no real plot there.