Do you enjoy controversial or taboo themes/stories?

InvictusCobra

So I finished reading Oreimo Tsuzuku Disc 1 about a week ago and just finished watching Koi Kaze. As such, I would like to ask you if you like to watch/read/play things if they have controversial or taboo themes and if just because something has them, you will watch it.

As for me, I quite enjoy watching and reading about incest stories and the like. Not just because they are a sort of taboo in modern society, but also because those love stories resonate with me a lot. I particularly enjoy stories of incest and similar themes mainly due to finding those love stories the most touching, since it will basically mean that two people will have to face the whole of society to defend their love and what they treasure most. Here are a few examples:

As for Koi Kaze:

How the relationship was handled, how it tormented Koshiro until the end and how in spite of having his coworker remind him of the consequences, Koshiro and Nanoka remained strong.

Saya no Uta:

I've seen many a different reasons why people enjoy this Novel. However, for me the best part about it was how Saya and her relationship with Fuminori saved his life and how Saya was his beacon of hope, the only thing that stopped him from killing himself and what healed his tormented world/mind.

Hoshizora no Memoria:

While my favourite route is Yume's by a long shot, I quite enjoyed Chinami's route and her relationship with You, despite how infantile she was and how her ero scenes weren't that serious. Lastly, my favourite heroine is Mare, not only due to who voices her, but also due to the fact that, despite her not being "real", she and You still were able to love each other and remain together. (even though she didn't get a proper route... which still pisses me off to this day)

I would also speak of Yosuga no Sora, but I am still waiting for the translation and although I watched the anime, I find it tried to do too much with too little time and many things remained unsaid and cut out. Additionaly, I will not coment on Oreimo Tsuzuku or Oreimo in general, as I'm still wating for the translation of Disc 2.

So in short, I'm a platonic beta fgt sucker for Pure Love Stories and especially if they are about contesting/breaking society norms and taboos. Regarding my "moral" boundaries, I've gone as far as thinking that there might be love involved in things like Boku no Pico (at least in the first episode), so take that as you will.

What are your opinions regarding topics such as the ones I mentioned? Do you enjoy them or are they too much for you? Also, feel free to mention more material like the ones I commented on as I'm still wondering what to watch next. :)

I don't see how Hoshizora no memoria is controversial or taboo. This is cliché all the way. Not that I dislike it, but nothing original.

Well, I wasn't talking about the whole Novel, of course. Just of the routes I mentioned as

one is considered incest and if Mare's physical looks reflect her age, it could be considered pedophilia, but that's just my perspective.

I'm usually not a fan of incest and shit. But that's mostly because all the little sisters are fucking annoying and rarely much to look at. And why is it that is always is little sisters? I don't remember ever reading a VN where the protagonist ever have had any siblings other than little sisters. But Konami and her route in Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki was actually fine.

I'm usually not a fan of incest and shit. But that's mostly because all the little sisters are fucking annoying and rarely much to look at. And why is it that is always is little sisters? I don't remember ever reading a VN where the protagonist ever have had any siblings other than little sisters. But Konami and her route in Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki was actually fine.

Nope, there are tons of VNs with older sister too.

Though they are just plain boring.

I like how vn's might have completely crazy stuff in them. Completely outside what normally might be in a story in the west.

I don't really enjoy the bad stuff though. Incest is rather tame compared to some other controversial stuff haha..

Also having somewhat mental characters are great. Like Fuminori insanity in Saya no uta, Subahibi characters haha, Protag in Grisaia. Being inside their heads is fascinating. Likewise Dexter from the tv series Dexter is similar in that regard. That what made the series good.

Am I the only fucking person here who likes mom/son wincest (I know I ain't, someone here's fave nukige was Hypno-Training My Mother And Sister if I recall correctly, but really, that shit is amazing, though not IRL)

As for the question, in terms of arousement: damn right I do.

Mom/son incest

Rape
Pregnancy (not very prominent nowadays)

Besides that, I support creative freedom. AKA if you make a world where transsexual children with a non-conventional ethnicity and/or religion are being graphically tentacle-raped, that is fine by me (I wouldn't like it, but if other people want to create it and show it to the world, that is fine.) but try to send off an actual message trying to offend people and that is just wrong.

I don't enjoy things because they are merely controversial, but I might enjoy what MAKES them controversial (Hotline Miami's violence, Binding Of Isaac's Christian themes)

Am I the only fucking person here who likes mom/son wincest (I know I ain't, someone here's fave nukige was Hypno-Training My Mother And Sister if I recall correctly, but really, that shit is amazing, though not IRL)

Mom/son incest

Rape

Besides that, I support creative freedom. AKA if you make a world where transsexual children with a non-conventional ethnicity and/or religion are being graphically tentacle-raped, that is fine by me (I wouldn't like it, but if other people want to create it and show it to the world, that is fine.) but try to send off an actual message trying to offend people and that is just wrong.

I don't enjoy things because they are merely controversial, but I might enjoy what MAKES them controversial (Hotline Miami's violence, Binding Of Isaac's Christian themes)

Regarding mother/son, that's something that I've never seen/read so I can't exactly comment on it. And regarding sexual arousal, Japan is ... well Japan, so it has everything and anything in those areas. In short, whatever floats your boat.

And regarding controversy just for the sake of it... I don't mind it that much, as long as the story is still good (i.e. a character being a minor when he/she could very well be 18).

I'm a sucker for any taboo love stories be it, incest, student-teacher, or massive age gap. However, I wish there were more VNs that dealt with these stories seriously alot of times no one really cares about the taboo and treats it like any other relationship, which kinda ruins the taboo for me. By far my favorite taboo story in a VN was Homewards' Sora Saionji route, in which the protagonist is utterly tormented by the fact that he loves his sister and in the end makes the decision to seperate from her for her greater good.

I like controversial media and the more people it offends the better. Outrage over media (entertainment) is something I really enjoy.

I really like incest sibling stories (relatively similar age), as I hope it gets normalized one day. The only harm such a relationship has is that if they choose to have children, it's an increased chance that the child have birth defects. Sex won't be a problem as there are many types of contraception and if it is not used/fails, unplanned pregnancies, can easily be solved.

Mom/son incest

Rape

There are less things I dislike than ^^

Tones of controversial topics getbexplored in manga usually on the kink side I'm not adverse to any of them.

Taboo is fine when it stays in the boundaries of good taste and morality, for example: scenes of gore (for example Higurashi) may be fine for some, but for the others its just plain disgusting.

In short, it depends on personal taste, its you deciding if you want to read something or not.

Personally, as long as it isnt just plain crap, incest is fine,gore is fine, but i absolutely hate rape.