How do you sort your anime?

Shikomizue

I got an Excel document with my wishlist/series/ratings on different tabs. But when I add them to my Cloud I sort them alphabetically because I recall everything by name. It would be too unorganized if I sort them with genre. A lot of animes need more than one genretag in that case. 

Priority list of high-medium-low

but I watch low-priority the most, then med, then high.

But dont let that swindle you into thinking that I meant that low means high or anything.

I sort it by anime I drop after one episode and anime I continue with (,about 5%) 

After that by genre, release, and length.

I got an Excel document with my wishlist/series/ratings on different tabs. But when I add them to my Cloud I sort them alphabetically because I recall everything by name. It would be too unorganized if I sort them with genre. A lot of animes need more than one genretag in that case. 

These are the only interesting answers on this whole thread. Somehow, I expected this.

There are two groups:

1) Anime I've watched gets placed on shelves by how much I like it. Top shelf is best, second-from-top is second-best, etc., No ordering within shelves. So, when I refer to a show as "top shelf", it's both a metaphorical bar terminology reference and a literal truth! This organization scheme means that, rarely, things on have to move down, when I watch something truly excellent. Toradora! will probably be the next to move down from the top shelf. Second-from-top shelf is generally still very good. Anything below that, I probably didn't care much for. That said, as I watch more good stuff, the "minimum acceptable quality" line gradually goes down, and presumably I'll just store away the bad stuff somewhere.

2) Stuff I haven't watched yet is on the bottom shelf, and is effectively a pile from which I arbitrarily pick things to watch. I've tried using it like a queue, but this doesn't really work for me since the "what should I watch next?" decision depends so heavily on the mood I'm in right when I start watching a new show.

Alphabetically

This

I also sort my music, manga and VNs alphabetically.

I don't really see the point of having any complicated setup.

Like, sure you can do it by genre, but for what purpose? I know all the stuff in my HDD so it really feels pointless to go above and beyond to separate everything, which by the way also makes it more annoying when you want to delete stuff.

And if you say it's because you can make playlists easier or make it easier to find something along the same themes, well any modern video player lets you make a list that you can rename so...

Simplicity is best.