Majikoi A-1 - (Possible) Translation Project

HGF_zpscxhhesnt.png201301192050059e4_zpsc75wtnrj.jpg

Skyspear Translations is back! And this time we're trying our hand at a more popular title, but we need you to help us! Since the recent release of the fully translated patch for Majikoi there has been increased attention to the series. For this reason we would like to begin working on Majikoi A-1 in coordination with the project working on Majikoi S. By working on both projects at the same time we can bring the series in its glorious entirety to the community in a shorter time than one team could accomplish. 

Progress chart

Translators 2/2 - 2on, storyteller

Translation Checkers 1/1 dowolf

Editors 1/1 - EldritchCherub

Image Editor 1/1 - CryingWestern

Hacker 1/1 - CryingWestern

Yeah, S is basically required reading. But I believe A-1 doesn't utilize any characters that show up in S outside of the content Wairu translated in their partial patch, so if you read that you'll be good to go. Unless it's an after story for one of S's heroines, most (all?) of A's routes take place in the S timeline pretty much just before the main route branch point.

There are some characters that are only introduced in the Koyuki route in some of the later A releases, though. I guess the thing about A is that since every route is completely stand-alone, the team could avoid ones that rely on untranslated material and skip around the different releases, if they wanted to keep going after A-1 that is.

Really hope this one gets done. They already translated Sayaka and a portion of Benkei's route, right? I wonder how difficult it will be to finish the rest. Best of luck, i'll be following this for sure.

Well it's really up to them on whether or not they want to continue from where wairu left off or not.

True, but I don't see why they wouldn't. Unless the TL was that terrible or they really want to do it all themselves. 

Well, it's more along the lines of Wairu's TLs, had no editing what-so-ever and if it did, it was very poor.

This is for both, Majikoi S and i'm believing Majikoi A... So if Heizei asks for Wairu's TL'ed lines of Sayaka's route, i'll get it for him.

PS: Yes, i'm the hacker... and if Heizei wants the Images i've currently done for an interface patch, then he can have those too.

Really hope this one gets done. They already translated Sayaka and a portion of Benkei's route, right? I wonder how difficult it will be to finish the rest. Best of luck, i'll be following this for sure.

There are only 3 routes in A-1, and one of them has already been finished so it shouldn't be a difficult task

Well, it's more along the lines of Wairu's TLs, had no editing what-so-ever and if it did, it was very poor.

This is for both, Majikoi S and i'm believing Majikoi A... So if Heizei asks for Wairu's TL'ed lines of Sayaka's route, i'll get it for him.

PS: Yes, i'm the hacker... and if Heizei wants the Images i've currently done for an interface patch, then he can have those too.

My good sir, I thank you

I have the partial patch for Sayaka's route. With your help it would not require much effort get the script from the patch and go back through the lines with a fine toothed comb

I don't remember Wairu ever shared his script (I'm talking about benkei's progress) . Since they are now dead I don't think we can get them now.

I attempted to contact through their irc channel and haven't had any luck so its safe to assume there's no way to reach them. It would have been great to have access to the work done on Benkei's route but they only got to 40% so restarting wouldn't be unthinkable

Meh, if we get them we get them, i don't know if Heizei would want them though. Since he's the project leader he's really the only one who can decide if we use what Wairu tl'ed.

I think that Wairu has given us a idea of where to begin. We can safely start working on Azumi's route

after patiently waiting 4 years & getting their hopes crushed in the end, i can vividly imagine those majiko fanboys/girls dancing naked around some campfire @the moment, i mean main game tl got recently finished and the rest looks very promising.

Awesome to hear this! Btw, if you are using wairu's partial patch and started translating this, you may want to re-check the lines in Sayaka's route again, if I remember correctly there's some problems with typos and word wrap problems, just letting you know!
Anyways, good luck with the project, can't wait for Benkei's route...

Eldritch Cerub is already working on editing the Sayaka route

However, we have not had luck finding more translators to come help fight the good fight. One of the guys I was working with doesn't want to work on Majikoi and the one person who emailed us never got back.

Had Nosebleed make aFacebook post for it, posted about it on our Twitter, we even made a website
https://skyspeartranslations.wordpress.com/ (still in progress)

How can we get the word out that this project has started up?

Fuwanovel knows, but the greater western visual novel community likely has no idea we exist (despite the 100+ likes the post of Facebook got... probably blinded by a single word: Majikoi)