Was wondering if I could get some

I'm looking for something good to read, was wondering if you guys had anything in mind. Naturally, no spoilers please.

Here's a list of some VN's I've played, keep in mind I might have forgotten a few things.

What I Liked:

G Senjou no Maou

Sharin No Kuni and Fandisc

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni

Tsukihime

Kagetsu Tohya

Muv Luv Alternative

I Found These Decent:

Steins;Gate

Chaos;Head

Cross Channel

Didn't Care For:

Fate/Stay Night

Muv Luv Extra

Muv Luv Unlimited (I think that's the name)

Katawa Shoujo

Sekien no Inganock

Couldn't Bring Myself to Finish:

Symphonic Rain

Ever17

Kanon

Any suggestions would be appreciated, mainly looking for something with a more serious focus, but humor included in the package is more than welcome. Let me know if i'm not being clear. Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend the WAB series. Saya no Uta also fits the bill.

YU-NO if you can get past the oldness of it is well worth it, the mindscrew is incredible.

Yume Miru Kusuri is a big maybe.

Those are the ones I think might fit your taste, I might be forgetting some.

i think uve got most of the good ones... not sure what else could there be...

probably Grisaia when it comes out (it's 90% translated).

maybe Rewrite? although you will probably drop it because it's ultra-long

an off-the-beaten-road challenge might be Ef a tales of the two (get the NNL version)

Cross Channel might be your cup of tea. Also Forest and the Steampunk series.

And the final route of Ever17 is mindblowing though I can understand if you find the earlier routes hard to stomache.

Ya, finish it and your mind will be shattered, put together, then shattered again.

It's great

Sometimes I get self-conscious about this, since I seem to recommend it so often, but I think Katawa Shoujo has something for everybody. Each of the routes has a very different feel, and if you enjoyed slice of life elements in those games above, KS is a great one to try.

It doesn't have any voices, but the music is great, and the game is well-written.

i think uve got most of the good ones... not sure what else could there be...

probably Grisaia when it comes out (it's 90% translated).

maybe Rewrite? although you will probably drop it because it's ultra-long

an off-the-beaten-road challenge might be Ef a tales of the two (get the NNL version)

I second Rewrite and Ef- a tale of the two. Rewrite really is long, but it is definitely interesting.

So I read Cross Channel, found it okay for the most part. One of my bigger issues was the soundtrack, which I didn't find that great.

I wasn't a huge fan of the ending simply because I prefer happy endings, and however you may look at it, I myself could not consider that happy. That aside, I was kinda hoping Youko would get better because I liked her the most for some reason.

Overall: I appreciate the suggestion and felt it was an entertaining use of time. Thanks for that.

Rewrite might be a decent option, in my opinion. It's not that long if you count individual routes, and the common route is quite funny for most people. If you do decide to read it, Kotori first!1

Otherwise, I agree with Saya no Uta. For a more esoteric suggestion, the 30-min KN The Dandy Girl www.weeaboo.nl/2012/11/review-the-dandelion-girl/ (a short story adaptation) might be interesting (read comments for d/l link. It's freeware, but the current mediafire page is down).

Swan Song is a great post-apocalyptic type game. Made by the people who made Cross Channel, it is set after a 10+ magnitude earthquake hits Japan.

I can't say much more without spoiling it, but it's a thriller with a particularly peculiar protagonist.

If you have a DS/3DS, I'd recommend Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, or Virtue's Last Reward. They're both very much in the same vein as Ever 17 but I felt like they were much more polished, especially 999. It had a great flow to it, though slugging through all the puzzles multiple times does get a little repetitive.

pretty much completely off topic (save that it has to do with VNs) but I saw someone mentioned the DS/3ds, does the DS/3ds get a good number of VN? Translated? Like, maybe enough to consider it worthwhile?

Well, if I ask vndb:

3DS

DS

There's also tons of non-VNs games on DS/3DS that are worth it. Can't say if it's worth it, it depends on how much you think you will use it and how much games interest you.