→ Introduction topic

Goon

Hello.

I'm an anime fanatic with a very unique (or at least unexpected) name.

I started playing visual novels for about 3 weeks after founding out that Clannad was the anime adaptation of a visual novel and since then I have been mainly playing the VNs by Key.

That's about it. I'll try to be active around the forums.

Welcome to Fuwanovel ^^

You made a good choice playing the KEY VNs, though I only played Clannad and Little Busters. You should try Hoshizora no Memoria, it's not from KEY but it's a great VN.

Hope you have a great time around here

Key may be the best for most people, but it is not the only one of the "bests"! xD

Heya, I don't really know your preferences, but I'll try to recommend some renowed VN by some famous companies and based on what I've played and recognized as highly regarded by other players.

Type-Moon: Fate Stay Night and Tsukihime. Those are classics, if you like fantasy, battles, romance and a bit of mystery / suspence you're gonna love these. Keep in mind that Tsukihime is a little old, so the art and music might get to you, still good nonetheless. They're making a remake on Tsukimime so I'd advise playing only if you HAVE to, since you have many options.

Nitro+: Steins; Gate and Chaos; Head. There may be more good VN from Nitro+, but that's what I've played so far. If you're fine with mystery, sci-fi and some comedy you'll enjoy these just fine. Actually, some might say that even if you don't they're still pretty good, so it's worth checking it out.

Key: Seems you played some, but since I don't know exactly which ones, I'll just note some. Little Busters and Clannad are good choices for some comedy, school life, slice of life and drama. I'm currently playing Rewrite right now, which differ a little from those two. Still, so far so good, so if you're a KEY fan it's a must play.

AK2: G-Senjou no Maou, Sharin no Kuni and A Profile. There are, of course, fundamental differences between each one of them, but they all have some common ground, such as bringing topics related to society, moral and so on. On general lines, you can expect some mystery, suspence, comedy and romance.

There are a LOT more, like Hoshizora no Memoria, Hatsukoi, Majikoi, Shikkoku no Sharnoth........ But I thing the list is broad enough xD

You can aways browse vndb to see the general picture of a VN before downloading it and giving it a time, do so in order to save some time before trying =D