VNs need more adults in them!

Zalor

It's sort of ironic that a medium predominated in "18+" releases usually due to "adult content" generally has so few adults in it. And what's more, due to the popularity of moe, a lot of characters look and behave younger than their age. I feel like I'm sort of the oddball out in this opinion, but I don't really like moe. Sometimes I laugh at it, but I mean that in the sense that I laugh at it (for trying so hard to be cute), not with it. Why can't we have more mature heroines that look and behave maturely (simply having large breasts doesn't count as "mature" looking). Maybe it's just me, but I often prefer the "Milfs" in VNs, and there's usually never a route for them! Going beyond the fetishy implications of this, adults are also more interesting than most teenagers. They have more life experience, responsibilities, freedom, etc. 

So what are your thoughts on this? And please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't like moe (because I kind feel like I am). 

Edit: Please keep in mind, I'm not attacking moe. I'm just suggesting that it would be nice if we could have more of other stuff as well. 

You know what's more ironic?

How VNs in a high school setting have the 'all characters are 18+' disclaimer :sachi:

f2ZG96i.jpg

That's kind of what I was also hinting at. I found this aspect of VNs funny for a while now. 

Well you see, there's where you went wrong with playing visual novels. -_-

I like them as a story telling medium and I can tolerate moe if I have to. But seriously, am I really the only one? 

Nah, I highly doubt you are the only one. Plenty of people can be attracted to / prefer older people.

Me, nah.

No, I mean am I the only one in this community who doesn't really enjoy moe? Or rather I treat moe like how sugar should be treated, a bit of it every now and then is nice. But too much of it is not so good (at least for me).

Now now friends, Fuwanovel is supposed to be the happy golden friendly community of truth and justice for VNs so let's not lynch Zalor right away.

..any last words

~~
Though, there we have it. Based on Down & pokemon123's posts, you're not the only one in this community that dd-d-doesn't  l-l-l-like moe. *twitch*

Even without going into untranslated realm, if you rule out moe and high-school setting (keeping some young characters in) you still have Steins;Gate, Saya no Uta, Hanachirasu, Cartagra, Kara no Shoujo, Ever17, Remember11, Umineko, Forest, Muv-Luv Alternative (although lolExtra), Kikokugai, Demonbane, Narcissu... And that's just taking a peek at my vndb. Plenty of stuff I tell you.

Agreed. Can't stand moe. It's what made so much of the clannad (anime) crap for me. It's also probably why i'll never read anything by kyoani. I also like rena better in the anime actually because less moe than in the VN.

It's annoying not cute to me. Chances are if the characters are releastic i'll actually find them cute  :D

EDIT: key not kyoani

Some of my favorite VNs have adult protagonists... Vermilion's protagonist looks like he's in his early thirties but is actually two centuries old, for instance...  Zephyr in Silverio Vendetta is in his thirties, as well.  However, with heroines...  Even if they are in their thirties, they are usually visually in their early twenties or late teens, lol.

The sole purpose for me to read vns is for the moe.

Statistically speaking, younger characters are more moe.

But if you give me a moe mom i won't complain either.

So while i statistically prefer younger characters, it's not really because of their age as it is because they're moe.

In essence: moe.

And yes, i do eat sugar for breakfast.

Even if they are in their thirties, they are usually visually in their early twenties or late teens, lol.

That's totally true. But late teens/early twenties is still a fairly big difference compared to early to mid teens.

grabs popcorn, waiting for flamewar F5F5F5

CZj0Qyg.gif

The reason I posted this topic in the first place is because I have enough faith in this community for it not to degenerate into a flamewar. But who knows, maybe my faith is baseless. 

As an example, Chisato from Silverio Vendetta is the same age as Zephyr and Vendetta is even older...

Sheryl in Vermilion looks like she's in her mid to late twenties, though she is around one hundred twenty years old... 

Belche from Draculius normally is a loli, but her true form looks like she's in her mid-twenties, though she's about three hundred years old.

But yeah, most look younger than they are in VNs.

The reason I posted this topic in the first place is because I have enough faith in this community for it not to degenerate into a flamewar. But who knows, maybe my faith is baseless. 

remember that oelvn vs jvn thread? and that h content in vns thread? and that...8400722127_d54258e4ce_o.png this one probably won't beat the records though.

remember that oelvn vs jvn thread? and that h content in vns thread? and that...8400722127_d54258e4ce_o.png this one probably won't beat the records though.

In Genesis (not sure if you ever had to read the bible). God bet with Satan that even if he tortured one of his most loyal followers, that the follower would still have faith in him. Somehow God won that bet in the story. Lets try a similar thing here. I bet this thread will remain civil, you of course have the devil advocate's side.

Lets please return back to the topic at hand...