Never7 Fullscreen Problems

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese? (link to instructions): Yes

Game: Never 7

Description of Problem: Never 7 refuses to run in Fullscreen mode, and if it does, it runs slowly, and accessing the save menu or anything else results in a black screen that I need to Alt+F4 out of. Currently I'm using the desktop magnifier with Windowed mode, but it's not an ideal solution. I was hoping someone might know of a way to help. The problem happens with both the CD and OGG files.

And now the game just crashed. Darnit.

Your Operating System:

64 or 32 bit (link to how to find): Windows 8 x64

What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): Running as admin, Windows 95, 98, and XP compatibility mode. I'm going to redownload now, and hope that helps.

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Well, I used the torrent on TPB, but now I'm redownloading it with the torrent file I downloaded here (although they're the same).

You actually used the right post formatting ;_; That's so rare ;_;

...Although I don't have an idea on how to solve that yet. I'm going to try to see if I can reproduce the error and look into the files later, I should have the game downloaded somewhere.

You actually used the right post formatting ;_; That's so rare ;_;

...Although I don't have an idea on how to solve that yet. I'm going to try to see if I can reproduce the error and look into the files later, I should have the game downloaded somewhere.

Yeah, reading instructions is a lost art in this day and age.

Just now I did some research (which I did before, but now googled "never7 fullscreen" instead of "never7 slow fullscreen"), and someone on TLWiki said that they have the same problem as me, while also having an x64 Windows with an ATI card. So I got out my old, crappy laptop with integrated Intel graphics and Vista, and it runs just fine. I probably could also go into my desktop's BIOS and switch the primary graphics, but that's too much hassle, especially if I want to then play anything else. So I'll just use my laptop after I finish Remember11. Thanks for the reply, though.

I have an ATI card, but Windows 7 and encountered a few issues with full screen on never7. I vaguely remember fixing the issue by changing one of the settings, I think it might of being bit rate or colour bit rate and initially launching the application minimised before changing to full screen. This also fixes any issues people might have with it crashing in full screen mode. Although my version was bought from Gameliner, doubtful it makes much of a difference though.

I have an ATI card, but Windows 7 and encountered a few issues with full screen on never7. I vaguely remember fixing the issue by changing one of the settings, I think it might of being bit rate or colour bit rate and initially launching the application minimised before changing to full screen. This also fixes any issues people might have with it crashing in full screen mode. Although my version was bought from Gameliner, doubtful it makes much of a difference though.

I tried every combination of the settings, and even tried launching it with lower color count and in 640x480 mode in the shortcut properties, but that would just result in a black or white screen. And I'm not sure what you mean by starting the application minimized before changing to full screen, because the minimize option in the link properties only affects the launcher, and to my knowledge there's no way to change the options in game (I tried alt+enter).